18/19 Season Pass $399

GrilledSteezeSandwich

When I sold my house in the Poconos it took a while and I lost money on it. Homes in that development are dirt cheap now.  I truly enjoyed all the time I spent there though.  By that time I was really "over" the beach, having grew up there.  It was a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb said:

When I sold my house in the Poconos it took a while and I lost money on it. Homes in that development are dirt cheap now.  I truly enjoyed all the time I spent there though.  By that time I was really "over" the beach, having grew up there.  It was a nice change of pace.

Why do you think home prices in the poconos have dropped so much.  I know the Monroe county part of the poconos like Stroudsburg to Tobyhanna have become really ghetto but thought it was still nice around split rock. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why do you think home prices in the poconos have dropped so much.  I know the Monroe county part of the poconos like Stroudsburg to Tobyhanna have become really ghetto but thought it was still nice around split rock. 

Declining air fares mean folks who can afford second home are more likely to vacation further away than Poconos. And declining economy in NEPA reduces value of first homes.

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Declining air fares mean folks who can afford second home are more likely to vacation further away than Poconos. And declining economy in NEPA reduces value of first homes.

I was about to guess the same thing. It's a lot easier now for people to travel past the Poconos for vacation out of NYC or Philly to a lesser extent. Why buy a vacation house in the woods when you can fly to the caribbean for $500

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Are second home prices at the jersey shore declining as well??  Although with the beach I guess the ocean is the ocean whether it's Waikiki beach or Margate lol

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are second home prices at the jersey shore declining as well??  Although with the beach I guess the ocean is the ocean whether it's Waikiki beach or Margate lol

I'd rather go to Margate.  Waikiki is full of smelly homeless and clueless tourists from Asia.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don't know for a fact, but I would guess so in some areas. Beach has always been pricier than mountains though, and there are some very upscale towns for rich folks to hobnob in, which Poconos have never really had. The whole heart shape bed champagne glass in room hot tub image does the Poconos no favor either. Screams tacky.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

On topic of spending night near Blue, are there nearby options to the North? Seems like going South everything is at least 17 local road miles away.

Lehighton exit of 476 has a few hotels. The Hampton Inn is probably the nicest option and is about $100 per night.  That's 11 miles from Blue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I'd rather go to Margate.  Waikiki is full of smelly homeless and clueless tourists from Asia.

I agree. I stayed at the Marriott there 11 years ago..shady freaking people there although the Japanese tourists means you can have miso soup with your omelette at the breakfast buffet.  

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I don't know for a fact, but I would guess so in some areas. Beach has always been pricier than mountains though, and there are some very upscale towns for rich folks to hobnob in, which Poconos have never really had. The whole heart shape bed champagne glass in room hot tub image does the Poconos no favor either. Screams tacky.

The generation that's dying out..most of our parents and grandparents loved tacky, shag carpets, pet rocks, leisure suits, the Partridge family, disco dancing and Tom Jones....it's amazing how upscale everything has become..

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No idea, but yeah, ghetto like.  That's why we decided not to move there full time when we wanted out of NJ.

59 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I will let you know, headed to Honolulu in 8 days. 

I agree. I stayed at the Marriott there 11 years ago..shady freaking people there although the Japanese tourists means you can have miso soup with your omelette at the breakfast buffet.  

Going to Hawaii and staying (only)  in Waikiki is like going to Blue on Presidents Day weekend and using the Main St chair to lap Vista to Burma Road.

• Haha 1

The generation that's dying out..most of our parents and grandparents loved tacky, shag carpets, pet rocks, leisure suits, the Partridge family, disco dancing and Tom Jones....it's amazing how upscale everything has become..

You are talking to a guy with a complete Partridge Family collection who performed 2 of their songs last month.

8 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Going to Hawaii and staying (only)  in Waikiki is like going to Blue on Presidents Day weekend and using the Main St chair to lap Vista to Burma Road.

Well I went to the north shore one day.  I didn't even want to go..but went to meet my bro in laws batshit crazy family. Been there done that on Hawaii.