Montana 2/22-3/3

indiggio

I looked up the royal 7...it's $47 a night and the reviews say there were skeet stains on the sheets, bed bugs and all sorts of critters.  Makes where I live and the 49er in Jackson hole look like the Ritz Carlton in comparison. 

I searched for bedbugs and found no evidence. I didn't bring my UV light to. Heck for stains.

Omg, have stayed at the Royal 7.  Did they ever have a maid do your room?  Probably ten years ago, it seemed to be an issue.

Yeah, they came through. Whether they did anything more than just reset the bed covers is questionable. The towels looked like they've been there since the gold rush days!

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I searched for bedbugs and found no evidence. I didn't bring my UV light to. Heck for stains.

The nicest hotels fail the black light test. It's why I wear sweatpants as opposed to shorts when I sit on the recliner in the room at the 49er..I don't want to get a rash. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sibhusky do you still keep track of vertical?

Yes.  Having a bad, bad year personally.  The skiing is great.  But I'm having a ton of migraines and my brother died, so have not racked up much.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, sibhusky said:

Yes.  Having a bad, bad year personally.  The skiing is great.  But I'm having a ton of migraines and my brother died, so have not racked up much.  

Hang in there. We're glad to have you back on PASR!!!  Do you post on ski divas now that Epicski is defunct?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Plate is large and bought way too many potatoes and corn, so they were extra large helpings. Nice having a grill out back to fire up the steaks. Luckily there's plenty TP in the house!

Way to get after cooking for yourself on a ski trip.  Did you stop at Albertsons in Bozeman???  

8 hours ago, indiggio said:

Plate is large and bought way too many potatoes and corn, so they were extra large helpings. Nice having a grill out back to fire up the steaks. Luckily there's plenty TP in the house!

That looks super tasty btw. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:30 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hang in there. We're glad to have you back on PASR!!!  Do you post on ski divas now that Epicski is defunct?

Not often.  Probably post more here.

I'm on Pugski.  I looked at some others, but really nothing has clicked.

• Like 1

Big Sky - Day 4

Off day, mainly because I bought a Maxx Pass which only provides 5 days at a mountain and I didn't feel like buying the extra day and also wanted to see the area a little bit.

Hung out, drove into town which consists mainly of a single circle surrounded by mostly realty offices, a couple of ski shops, a small market and a few other trinket shops. The circle is surrounded by mostly townhouses and the further you get away they change to single family homes. There's some construction going on at the one end of town, but didn't investigate what they were building.

Walked around the shops a bit, then stopped at the Lone Peak Brewery for beer and lunch. Had a Lone Peak IPA which was decent and a chili verde rice bowl which was quite tasty.

Decided to go see what we could of the Yellowstone Club for shits and giggles. Drove out of town and up the road that leads to the club. Lots of multi-million $ houses line the road. Finally got to the gate which was pretty unimpressive, so we turned around and headed back down a different road.

On the way down, we passed some new construction going on which will obviously continue down the road we are on. As we approached a turn, there's a moose standing right next to the road! The thing was massive! I tried to get my phone up for a pic, but the thing moves fast for such a big animal and headed down a culvert. We continued down hoping to cut it off, but the culvert got deeper and the road changed direction. Bummer!

Headed back to the resort for a couple of beers, then back to the ranch for leftovers and then put on G.N.A.R. The Movie which most of the others never saw.