Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

5 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

You guys think I don't fucking know that?  You think I was considering doing it again?   To think I didn't say half way down, this was a bad idea?  Of course I know it was a stupid fucking thing to do.  I don't need you guys rubbing it in my fucking face.  Despite the stupidity of it, I did make it down safely on terrain I will never ride (and rightfully so) again.

if it makes you guys feel better, my trip is over as I just got back from the ER with a torn miniscus (no, it didn't happen out of bounds).  The doctor said he thinks it happened early on in the day and got worse as the day went on.  I hit my knee a little hard off Aspres vous like 3rd run of the day, but it didn't hurt so I didn't think any of it.

What was going through your mind when you pulled that gate towards you?  Powder panic?

For the PASRs who say TP4 has balls etc...think again.  There are *countless* stories of herb tourons leaving the boundary and dying.  Yes, he's alive, and I'm happy that he is, but it could have *very* easily gone the other way.  The danger isn't just cliffs, but the hidden one...avalanches.  There have been reported backcountry avalanches every day for the past week include 2 fatalities.  "If you don't know, DON'T GO."

I knew you were going to get your panties in a bunch when you were called out...but you deserve it dude.  It's tough love.

Unrelated...heal up quick.  Injuries are the opposite of tits magee.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

At least no one can say you don't have a set dude. Hope the injury is minimal and you can keep riding.

8 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Glad you are safe.

We shouldn’t shame him, even though it was dumb. I think it’s good to encourage people to share their experiences so we can learn from them.

TP4 thanks for sharing this story, maybe you prevented someone from getting themselves into danger by doing something similar in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:
8 hours ago, theprogram4 said:
What's depressing is if I would have got injured out of bounds, I could blame myself for being a dumbass.  However, I have no idea how this injury occurred.  My only guess is either when I bumped my knee near apres vous lift  but didn't feel anything, or constantly switching from my knees to backside when I would stop for a break 

How long before you can ride again?

4 hours ago, antman12 said:

Sorry about your injury TP4. I hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Damn that is a huge bummer about your knee while you are out there. At least it is towards the end of the season. Do what you need to do to heal up!

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

Still only counts as one day. 

Heal up TP4. 

Thanks for the well wishes guys!  It is appreciated!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Did you buy a blue pass yet?

Yesterday morning I was discussing buying one, but I'm in a pretty bad place mentally right now so I'm not really even thinking about it. I need to just buy it and eat the interest on my card, since that will be cheaper than waiting for $600 or whatever 

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Thats why i asked. Ill buy it for you want. If you can pay me back within 3 months or whatever. This limited time thing is annoying and you got all this going now. 

This was a damn nice thing to offer and I really appreciate it, it means a lot.  However, I don't want to put any financial burden on you.  At the end of the day I'll just have to buy it, maybe tomorrow cause I'm not doing anything lol

That's really nice of you shadows..I have a homeless friend TP4 is familiar with who lives in Philly and I paypaled him $50...I also paypaled a guy I went to high school with who i've never even met $50 who is homeless in LA and makes interesting videos..he mentioned he was hungry and it hit me hard...

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No this thread needs some stoke. You were being a dick to TP4 when you said at least his injury happened near the end of the season.  It was after his first ski day in JH you dumbass. 

21 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Damn that is a huge bummer about your knee while you are out there. At least it is towards the end of the season. Do what you need to do to heal up!

Yeah, really sounded like a dick. Okay. Are you a fucking dotard? Its the end of February, not December 1st. STFU.

I'm trying to keep a glass half full attitude, which is not what I usually do:

1. I didn't die in an avalanche and cliff fall, so I got that going for me.

2. At least I got 1 full day out west, including a run I'll never forget

3. 2000/2001 was my first season, and this is only my second injury

4. I look out the window and see snow, which is better than rain

5. Probably will not need surgery 

6. Still got to ride most of the season 

• Like 4