Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

I always get a kick out of Phillycore calling people by their street names lol

It's not like we all don't pretty much know each other on here anyway.

Ok...well I guess not many of the new people know me but whatever...
This place is like skiers and sliders anonymous...
I'm John, I'm fat, I like to ski and drink shandy's

There you know me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

TP4...I know you're down because of your injury....so I'm going to cut you some slack and not change all your days to Brokeback Mountain for parking in my spot.

I don't know much about meniscus tears...are you on crutches?

Lol thanks Jeff.  I'm all over the place today and my posts show that lol.  

I was on crutches the first day after the hospital, but now I'm just wearing a knee brace.  Apparently the meniscus tear is pretty small, and it's a broken piece of cartilage is what is causing pain.  Since it is a small tear the doctor said I probably won't need surgery.  My dad tore his years ago and needed surgery, but walked out of the hospital that day. My mom got surgery on hers a few years ago and PT after, so it really seems to be a case by case basis.  Researching online, it seems a lot of people don't think the surgery is useful, for whatever reason.  I may or may not need an MRI depending on how the pain is a week from now.  I'm still confused on what becomes of the broken cartilage piece 

Edited by theprogram4

Just now, phillycore said:

It's not like we all don't pretty much know each other on here anyway.

Ok...well I guess not many of the new people know me but whatever...
This place is like skiers and sliders anonymous...
I'm John, I'm fat, I like to ski and drink shandy's

There you know me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just assumed everyone pretty much knew everyone else IRL since it's a local forum, after all.  Then I posted a link to facebook and was sort of "warned" that people here could find out my real name, etc.   I mean, yeah, but...do what with it?  I'm Chris, I'm boring and have cats and suck at skiing but am excellent at parallel parking, shooting free throws, and drinking IPAs. So I joke and snark around and curse on PASR. That would surprise exactly nobody who knows me IRL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

I just assumed everyone pretty much knew everyone else IRL since it's a local forum, after all.  Then I posted a link to facebook and was sort of "warned" that people here could find out my real name, etc.   I mean, yeah, but...do what with it?  I'm Chris, I'm boring and have cats and suck at skiing but am excellent at parallel parking, shooting free throws, and drinking IPAs. So I joke and snark around and curse on PASR. That would surprise exactly nobody who knows me IRL. 

I always refer to PASRs by their screen names.  Sallycat it was super easy for me to find your identity just knowing you teach high school history at a local private school and also because you are FB friends with Indiggio. Years ago Nastar and beer league racing results used to be posted on PASR but it was stopped because a certain member didn't like his identity revealed.  I have the least common last name..thankfully when somebody knows a google search of me all that comes up is the know your news carrier article from 1995 and that I'm a giant fucking troll. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I always refer to PASRs by their screen names.  Sallycat it was super easy for me to find your identity just knowing you teach high school history at a local private school and also because you are FB friends with Indiggio. Years ago Nastar and beer league racing results used to be posted on PASR but it was stopped because a certain member didn't like his identity revealed.  I have the least common last name..thankfully when somebody knows a google search of me all that comes up is the know your news carrier article from 1995 and that I'm a giant fucking troll. 

I know your last name just from seeing your posts on Blue's FB page and guessing. But I mean, all that does is put a real name with a PASR handle, and so what?

What I do for a living is hard to hide in a fairly small region like this (everybody around here knows people who go to or went to my school). Hell, my LinkedIn account is basically my life story, and that's the first thing that comes up when you google me. But I'm a broke, middle-aged schoolteacher with a decade-old car, an elderly housecat with rage issues, and pretty soon no job, so if anyone wants to steal my identity, rock on, but you have to steal ALL of it. 

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

My name is Connor. My family comes from Ireland and I love to snowboard. My favorite music genres are techno and electro-swing. I'm currently posting this from an iPhone X. There... You all know me now.

Yeah right your name sounds like you own an authentic Italian restaurant 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

I know your last name just from seeing your posts on Blue's FB page and guessing. But I mean, all that does is put a real name with a PASR handle, and so what?

What I do for a living is hard to hide in a fairly small region like this (everybody around here knows people who go to or went to my school). Hell, my LinkedIn account is basically my life story, and that's the first thing that comes up when you google me. But I'm a broke, middle-aged schoolteacher with a decade-old car, an elderly housecat with rage issues, and pretty soon no job, so if anyone wants to steal my identity, rock on, but you have to steal ALL of it. 

As long as I don't have to ski on your RTMs or grade papers. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

As long as I don't have to ski on your RTMs or grade papers. 

You're scared you might like the RTMs. You probably secretly like them a little already, that's why you lash out at them so strongly. It's ok, man, ski preference is a rich tapestry, a broad, fluid spectrum of possibilities. There's no "right" ski to love, and this forum is a safe space to express your desires.

:D

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

You're scared you might like the RTMs. You probably secretly like them a little already, that's why you lash out at them so strongly. It's ok, man, ski preference is a rich tapestry, a broad, fluid spectrum of possibilities. There's no "right" ski to love, and this forum is a safe space to express your desires.

:D

For whatever it's worth, I actually managed to try a bunch of skis last Wed including RTMs 172/84. Whether it was coincidence or not (fog was slowly dissipating and air was warming up), but I found RTMs to be the best on that devoid of snow and icy Paradise. Crazy smooth and supportive. Even Stocklis felt meh compared to them at that hour.