Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

People actually met TTC6? Why didn't he do it?

We trolled him and I'm not about to just get my ass kicked.  If he threw a punch I'd fight dirty...I actually got into a drunken fight with a roommate 15 years ago in Montana and used a coffee table as a battering ram on him..

4 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I only recognize GSS when I see him at Blue. Because he always wears the same thing. I would recognize Kevin and Justin without helmet/ goggles from going to Nestors. Other than that, I have no clue what anyone else looks like. 

It's because I never buy anything lol. It's weird seeing people you've only seen on the slopes IRL in real life.  Nastar Glenn looks pretty badass on the slopes but when he's  in his street clothes he looks like a normal grandpa lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phillycore said:

He's a 5' tall dude with steroid rage issues.

Maybe Doug will tell the story....
It was a damn good PASR day honestly overall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we all trolled TP4 the one PASR day at Jack Frost. I'm sure if shit went down Barb and Melissa would have had my back..and yeah TTC6 is short but apparently he's tall enough to ride all the rollercoasters at Dorney Park. 

Well we all trolled TP4 the one PASR day at Jack Frost. I'm sure if shit went down Barb and Melissa would have had my back..and yeah TTC6 is short but apparently he's tall enough to ride all the rollercoasters at Dorney Park. 
We were ready to protect you if I recall. That was a fun day actually... like PC said.

On 2/25/2018 at 9:00 PM, momskeeztoo said:

I only recognize GSS when I see him at Blue. Because he always wears the same thing. I would recognize Kevin and Justin without helmet/ goggles from going to Nestors. Other than that, I have no clue what anyone else looks like. 

my screen name is very descriptive. 

• Like 2

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When was the last time you had no beard and short hair??

Eighteen years ago I rocked a crew cut and was clean shaven. This is the 3rd (or 4th) time I have grown my hair this long in my life. I would go back to a crew cut tomorrow but my wife likes my hair long. I would have to think long and hard before I shaved though, I like the beard.

• Like 3

On 2/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, theprogram4 said:

Lol thanks Jeff.  I'm all over the place today and my posts show that lol.  

I was on crutches the first day after the hospital, but now I'm just wearing a knee brace.  Apparently the meniscus tear is pretty small, and it's a broken piece of cartilage is what is causing pain.  Since it is a small tear the doctor said I probably won't need surgery.  My dad tore his years ago and needed surgery, but walked out of the hospital that day. My mom got surgery on hers a few years ago and PT after, so it really seems to be a case by case basis.  Researching online, it seems a lot of people don't think the surgery is useful, for whatever reason.  I may or may not need an MRI depending on how the pain is a week from now.  I'm still confused on what becomes of the broken cartilage piece 

Sorry dude my work life has been a shit show of recent so this is the first i read your posts.

First and foremost heal up. Take care of yourself and be patient. Take all the horseshit your feeling now and funnel that into rocking the shit out of next year. All they can do with a minscus is remove parts of it which doesn't always help so give the injury time and see what's up but regardless gotta focus that energy into a positive and come back next year strong. I'm not a early riser lets go work out type but PT I think it's generally the difference between something being fixed and actually fixed. I think once I get the boot worked out I'll ski better then before because I'm actually kinda trying lol but I got full ROM and strength because I went to PT three fucking times a week and still do the ROM exercises. Even if you can only go one time, go and figure out what exercises they are doing and then do them at home.

Second, I blew my shit up last year on fucking burma road at blue mtn. Now in my defense it was off the side of the trail but of all the places I've gone, of all the dumb shit I've done, my first real injury and it was on burma fucking road lol. Why because I was being stupid and didn't look before I leaped. Nobody is perfect in this life, every skier/boarder takes chances and if you do it long enough your probably going to get hurt.  That shit is real shit but it's the price we pay to live a little, to get rowdy, to do the impossible of riding down a huge mtn at 50mph on tiny little metal edges.

This one though, for most, is too much risk. I'm not telling you what to do that is up to each individual I'm just saying that's alot of risk. I've gone out gates, I've ducked ropes most people if they are honest and get after it have done the exact same thing but we all gotta try to moderate the risk.  Every single person on this site has taken too much risk in the mtns and gotten away with it but for next time, for all the people on this site, myself included, it's good to be reminded about leaving the resort.

All that shit though don't mean fuck all, who, where, when, why is all fucking irrelevant all that matters now is you do everything you reasonably can and come back next year even better, even more focused.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

ZZslope, Were you at Blue Monday? I may have ridden up the lift with you. 

I wasn't there monday, my last day up was saturday. I am sure I have ridden the lift with PASRs  and not known it. I am doing myself a disservice by not stopping to visit with and get to know the PASRs in the parking lot.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I am sure I have ridden the lift with PASRs  and not known it. 

Ive thought about this a few times over the past couple weeks.

EDIT- apologies, I thought this was a different thread.

Edited by antman12

57 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Sorry dude my work life has been a shit show of recent so this is the first i read your posts.

First and foremost heal up. Take care of yourself and be patient. Take all the horseshit your feeling now and funnel that into rocking the shit out of next year. All they can do with a minscus is remove parts of it which doesn't always help so give the injury time and see what's up but regardless gotta focus that energy into a positive and come back next year strong. I'm not a early riser lets go work out type but PT I think it's generally the difference between something being fixed and actually fixed. I think once I get the boot worked out I'll ski better then before because I'm actually kinda trying lol but I got full ROM and strength because I went to PT three fucking times a week and still do the ROM exercises. Even if you can only go one time, go and figure out what exercises they are doing and then do them at home.

Second, I blew my shit up last year on fucking burma road at blue mtn. Now in my defense it was off the side of the trail but of all the places I've gone, of all the dumb shit I've done, my first real injury and it was on burma fucking road lol. Why because I was being stupid and didn't look before I leaped. Nobody is perfect in this life, every skier/boarder takes chances and if you do it long enough your probably going to get hurt.  That shit is real shit but it's the price we pay to live a little, to get rowdy, to do the impossible of riding down a huge mtn at 50mph on tiny little metal edges.

This one though, for most, is too much risk. I'm not telling you what to do that is up to each individual I'm just saying that's alot of risk. I've gone out gates, I've ducked ropes most people if they are honest and get after it have done the exact same thing but we all gotta try to moderate the risk.  Every single person on this site has taken too much risk in the mtns and gotten away with it but for next time, for all the people on this site, myself included, it's good to be reminded about leaving the resort.

All that shit though don't mean fuck all, who, where, when, why is all fucking irrelevant all that matters now is you do everything you reasonably can and come back next year even better, even more focused.

Thank you Steve, this is appreciated.  I'll take your exercise advice into consideration as well.  Def my last time going through gates without proper training/equipment lol.