Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

But I hate camping and hostels.

wow.  nobody here would have ever guessed that.  

My co worker is going to Jackson soon with her husband.  i am amazed at how much its going to cost them.  even the flights are more expensive.  I liked the 49'r and everything, but holy crap $265 to like over $300 a night.  The coffee was good, but not that good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

My co worker is going to Jackson soon with her husband.  i am amazed at how much its going to cost them.  even the flights are more expensive.  I liked the 49'r and everything, but holy crap $265 to like over $300 a night.  The coffee was good, but not that good.

Seems like a good deal to me.  I ate about $250 worth of biscuits n' gravy each day when we were there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Seems like a good deal to me.  I ate about $250 worth of biscuits n' gravy each day when we were there.  

i would rank the breakfast as "better than average", for a hotel with free breakfast.  i found it to be on point and very convenient.  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I looked up the antler inn which is cheaper than the 49er and it’s still $225 a night mid summer. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I looked up the antler inn which is cheaper than the 49er and it’s still $225 a night mid summer. 

Maybe I'll stay there. $225 sounds like a bargain now compared to $300. So I'm thinking 2 nights each in Bozeman, Jackson Hole, and Yellowstone. 3 full days in Yellowstone. I like hiking, looking for wildlife, walking around small touristy towns, and museums. 

• Like 2

Maybe I'll stay there. $225 sounds like a bargain now compared to $300. So I'm thinking 2 nights each in Bozeman, Jackson Hole, and Yellowstone. 3 full days in Yellowstone. I like hiking, looking for wildlife, walking around small touristy towns, and museums. 

Take your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would but flying with a bike sounds like a royal pain in the ass. 

Don’t know this for sure, but I bet there’s a service that could ship your bike to your destination instead of flying with it.

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Probably not much worse than skis. I’d imagine riding out there among the Tetons and in Yellowstone would be once in a lifetime stuff.

I imagine it would be a lot harder than skis. I'd have to buy a giant sturdy box, take the bike apart correctly, fit it in the box, somehow carry the giant box and my luggage through the airport, pay $100 to get it on the plane, retrieve said giant box at my destination, somehow transport the giant box and my luggage to a rental car facility (at some airports you need to take a shuttle to the rental car... would the box fit on the shuttle?), and then hope I get a rental car big enough to fit the box, or else I need to assemble the bike at the rental car place - AND figure out what to do with the box if it and the bike don''t fit in the rental car. Then I get to do it all again in reverse to transport the bike home!

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but last year I decided to just drive out west to bike all over Colorado. Much easier!

Edited by saltyant

23 hours ago, NMSKI said:

Don’t know this for sure, but I bet there’s a service that could ship your bike to your destination instead of flying with it.

bikeflights.com  Looks like about $60 each way, not counting cost of acquiring packaging. 

Edited by enjoralas
URLs don't have commas in them
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1