Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Y’all know there’s a Jackson hole in China. They recreated mountain architecture and cowboy decor 

Well it's official. I booked the 69er Lodge for August. 2 nights. Going to check out the Tetons and then after JH head north to Yellowstone and back to Bozeman. Thanks for recommending this hotel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Well it's official. I booked the 69er Lodge for August. 2 nights. Going to check out the Tetons and then after JH head north to Yellowstone and back to Bozeman. Thanks for recommending this hotel

Be sure to stock up on pocket meat at the Loaf n' Jug.  Just a short walk from the 49er.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
2 hours ago, saltyant said:

The 49er has made a fortune from PASR

Same with Blue mountain and realize all the rooms used at the 49er by us(as much as 7) would have sat empty otherwise during late January.  Plus the front desk clerk got to meet Nastar Glenn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Same with Blue mountain and realize all the rooms used at the 49er by us(as much as 7) would have sat empty otherwise during late January.  Plus the front desk clerk got to meet Nastar Glenn. 

I'm sure they'll never forget...but I bet they wish they could.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

I'm sure they'll never forget...but I bet they wish they could.

At the bar two weeks ago when I saw Nastar Glenn it was very crowded and I know he would have expected a beer refill in a minute which wasn’t likely so I said let me get you a refill and got him one within 15 seconds.  He was impressed.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Not wasting time searching through threads....

Has anybody stayed at the Antler Inn, and if so, what are your thoughts? Owned by the same company that runs the 49er. 

I have stayed there five times.  Rooms are smaller and more basic.  No free breakfast and no amenities like a pool..location is actually better than the 49er as it’s closer to town square.  They do have a hot tub.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have stayed there five times.  Rooms are smaller and more basic.  No free breakfast and no amenities like a pool..location is actually better than the 49er as it’s closer to town square.  They do have a hot tub.  

Great. Thanks. It is almost half the price of the 49er. Not sure if the free breakfast is worth it. In regards to the rooms, I really am just looking for a bed with a roof over it. Hopefully with heat. This seems to fit the bill. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Great. Thanks. It is almost half the price of the 49er. Not sure if the free breakfast is worth it. In regards to the rooms, I really am just looking for a bed with a roof over it. Hopefully with heat. This seems to fit the bill. 

The 49er got expensive this year..over $100 a night for the first time.  You’re really close to the bagel place..

• 2 weeks later...
I was planning something like 1 night in Bozeman, 1-2 nights in Jackson Hole, and 3 nights in West Yellowstone. Guess I'll be spending $250-$300 per night then. Maybe I'll stay in Bozeman an extra day if I can find something to do there.

Fly into Billings and day trip out of Red Lodge. Then man up and camp

48 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Fly into Billings and day trip out of Red Lodge. Then man up and camp

Salty camping Bahahaha I don’t think he’s been camping since he was canteen boy in the Boy Scouts.  I skied Red lodge once back in 2002 when it dumped 4 feet prior to thanksgiving. They opened with like 52 trails..that season I hit opening day at red lodge, big sky and Bridger bowl!!!

E323D4E9-E23D-4650-BBD9-37C30B2DDE72.jpeg

• Like 2