Jackson hole 2018

theprogram4

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Sleeping on the ground does indeed suck. I am looking into small off road teardrop campers. There are a lot of cool ones out there. 

My wife and I were looking into those as well because she wouldn't do tent camping. They are pretty cool and you can get a lot more into them than I expected. They aren't difficult to cart around either, and don't take up space when they aren't being used either. 

• Like 1

There is a local Denver company that makes them. They are having an open house Sat I may attend. It has a queen bed which I would need for myself, husband and the dog to fit. https://itwoverland.com/boreas-xt/. My friend has one and raves about it. I think she took it to Moab like 10 times this year. 

Storing it it for us will be tricky. Already have 2 motorcycles and a large motorcycle trailer. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Barb said:

There is a local Denver company that makes them. They are having an open house Sat I may attend. It has a queen bed which I would need for myself, husband and the dog to fit. https://itwoverland.com/boreas-xt/. My friend has one and raves about it. I think she took it to Moab like 10 times this year. 

Storing it it for us will be tricky. Already have 2 motorcycles and a large motorcycle trailer. 

Once our kids are grown we are definitely going the teardrop route.  

Our stupid neighborhood won't let us store the 20 footer in our yard or driveway so I pay $60/month to store it at an RV place.  You might look into that, because although you have to pick it up to use it, you never have to drop it off when it needs service (glass half full).  And unfortunately even tow behinds tend to need a fair bit of service.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This kid is really freaking good at skiing...does JH inbounds terrain I’m too scared to ski.

Probably been on skis before he could walk...

Also looks like he's got an older friend who can also ski the shit out of the mountains teaching him.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Barb said:

You need one of thise camper/cargo/semi things

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

But you roll with a 256mb data plan or something like that. Or is it the lack of WiFi?

I bought a good phone a Samsung Galaxy orbit which isn't a Jitterbug. But cant figure out how to disable images so data usage is extremely limited. I'm not paying $30 a month for a plan. Current service is only $7 per month 

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I bought a good phone a Samsung Galaxy orbit which isn't a Jitterbug. But cant figure out how to disable images so data usage is extremely limited. I'm not paying $30 a month for a plan. Current service is only $7 per month 

What are you going to do with the $23 you save??

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In Italy!!! 

I got gelato in downtown Venice and it was only like 10 euros. I like euros but I especially like francs due to the conversion rates. I really dislike pounds because I gave the currency exchange $400 or something and got $150 pounds and was like wtf is this? Anyway a little off topic on the Jackson Hole thread. Are you guys going there again this year?

11 hours ago, saltyant said:

I got gelato in downtown Venice and it was only like 10 euros. I like euros but I especially like francs due to the conversion rates. I really dislike pounds because I gave the currency exchange $400 or something and got $150 pounds and was like wtf is this? Anyway a little off topic on the Jackson Hole thread. Are you guys going there again this year?

Why such a bad conversion rate on pounds?  You should get something like 300 £ for $400..next time you’re in the UK call pounds quid and you’ll sound like a local.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson hole is getting dumped on, up to 36” total expected up high in the next three days.  They need it.  About a 15-30” base so far from mid mountain up..

i haven’t seen this video from one of Jackson holes first seasons 50 years ago in a few years and it’s amazing!!!

• Like 1