2/24/18..better than expected..spring snow

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 725am and it was foggy with the temperature of around 38 degrees.     In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Johnny Law, Ryan, MBike Mike, Eaf, Matt Edge, TheDude4bides, GSSucks, Toast, Justo, TheRealKT, Slim, Kevin, Gary, West Chester homeys and many others. 

First run on razors was pretty fast and smooth and semi soft.  Sidewinder was smooth and lots of instructors working on that perfect slow deliberate turn. Paradise was super nice semi spring snow and nightmare to Dreamweaver was now smooth no more skiercross course. Switchback I skied a bunch was mainly empty. Upper Main Street was good and lower not so much.  Lazy mile wasn't crazy as crowds were non existent. 

Skied 8-10 and then hungout in the lot 10-12..blue closes today at 4PM and is closed all day tomorrow due to the impending rainfall. They'll survive this week fine with their base but if it's warm much more I see them closing in about two weeks. Let's hope for a nice cold spell and or snowfall or that blue will do some creative grooming to cover up thin and bare spots. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It is amazing how shitty it can go from last Sunday's pristine groomers to today's crap. Lets hope they can make it a bit longer...

I mentioned last Sunday while saying the same thing multiple times on the lift today.