Anyone hitting CB tomorrow afternoon?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty are you up to anything fun today??

Well already had coffee while sitting in my recliner reading the Sunday paper, so the most fun part of my day is already over, though I saved the funnies for later this afternoon. My favorite comic is Beetle Bailey.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well already had coffee while sitting in my recliner reading the Sunday paper, so the most fun part of my day is already over, though I saved the funnies for later this afternoon. My favorite comic is Beetle Bailey.

What Sunday paper do you read? NY Times?  I didn't know people under age 60 still read the paper?  I'm pooping right now. Wish I had a report of yours to read so I could SU

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What Sunday paper do you read? NY Times?  I didn't know people under age 60 still read the paper?  I'm pooping right now. Wish I had a report of yours to read so I could SU

I alternate between NY Times and WaPo. Lol, jk. The local paper. I mostly look at the pictures and don't even read the articles.

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I alternate between NY Times and WaPo. Lol, jk. The local paper. I mostly look at the pictures and don't even read the articles.

Nice I was a newspaper carrier for the morning call for 4 years.  It's good to see you back posting on PASR a lot again.  Looks like nice nightskiing weather this upcoming week. When are you coming up to Blue..or down to blue lol

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice I was a newspaper carrier for the morning call for 4 years.  It's good to see you back posting on PASR a lot again.  Looks like nice nightskiing weather this upcoming week. When are you coming up to Blue..or down to blue lol

Did you deliver by bike? That's my dream job.

I will make a concerted effort to get up/down to Blue one more time this season, but sounds like time is running out since you predicted their closure in 2 weeks.

Yesterday the forecast was calling for 5-8 inches next weekend, but now it's changed to all r***. :wacko:

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I will make a concerted effort to get up/down to Blue one more time this season, but sounds like time is running out since you predicted their closure in 2 weeks.

Yesterday the forecast was calling for 5-8 inches next weekend, but now it's changed to all r***. :wacko:

No I did it on foot with a pullcart a bag...it was cool I had like $8,000 saved by the time I was 15 then I also worked at Rita's Italian ice, Wendy's, mowed lawns and did telemarketing late in high school and early in college.  Funny this is the summer before college I saved up $4,000 from my telemarketing job and if I had put that in Amazon stock, it would be work $8 million today. 

http://articles.mcall.com/1995-06-08/news/3031718_1_ski-areas-carriers-call

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I think it's gonna snow next weekend at Blue mountain and Camelback.  Could be wet snow but I still doubt that as perder even though a midgets fart won't displace an acr or it like cold smoke. 

Skipping it today. Pops not feeling well and the conditions up there look like shit on the webcams. No desire to ski through standing water or slush ponds.

Incidentally, does the base webcam just constantly slowly turn itself away from the slopes? Was a great view a couple hours ago, and now it's a wall. Not the first time I've seen that. I'd like to think that management isn't coming out and turning it to the wall so people won't see how empty it is and/or poor conditions, but I also don't put that sort of thing past Camelback management.

EDIT: It's back to a mountain view again. I guess someone went out and moved it.

Edited by enjoralas

7 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Skipping it today. Pops not feeling well and the conditions up there look like shit on the webcams. No desire to ski through standing water or slush ponds.

Incidentally, does the base webcam just constantly slowly turn itself away from the slopes? Was a great view a couple hours ago, and now it's a wall. Not the first time I've seen that. I'd like to think that management isn't coming out and turning it to the wall so people won't see how empty it is and/or poor conditions, but I also don't put that sort of thing past Camelback management.

Don't blame you one bit. Looks downright miserable out there today. Interested to see if Ski2Live is still going (guessing no).

The webcam always does that. Sometimes you can't even see anything but the wall. It's really dumb.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Don't blame you one bit. Looks downright miserable out there today. Interested to see if Ski2Live is still going (guessing no).

The webcam always does that. Sometimes you can't even see anything but the wall. It's really dumb.

It should get pretty nice in about 2 hours, weather-wise, but the snow still looks like it will be awful. I'd be there if my dad didn't have a head cold though. I didn't ski at all this weekend. Kicking myself for not hitting Blue yesterday morning.

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No I did it on foot with a pullcart a bag...it was cool I had like $8,000 saved by the time I was 15 then I also worked at Rita's Italian ice, Wendy's, mowed lawns and did telemarketing late in high school and early in college.  Funny this is the summer before college I saved up $4,000 from my telemarketing job and if I had put that in Amazon stock, it would be work $8 million today.

http://articles.mcall.com/1995-06-08/news/3031718_1_ski-areas-carriers-call

Great article. Do you still have the pin? What "an prize" did you win? Wow, you were negotiating the expert slopes at Blue when I was in kindergarten.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Great article. Do you still have the pin? What "an prize" did you win? Wow, you were negotiating the expert slopes at Blue when I was in kindergarten.

I don't remember the prize but I did receive a few savings bonds for perfect service. I didn't miss a house for several months straight until I had a substitute who missed a few.