End of season party dates??

GrilledSteezeSandwich

When does everybody think we should have our end of season party?  I'm thinking maybe the weekend of 3/10 and 3/11. They will likely stay open a bit later than that but should for sure be open that weekend.  Any preference on Saturday over Sunday??  

It needs to be a day when Root, NMSki and Enjorales are there.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When does everybody think we should have our end of season party?  I'm thinking maybe the weekend of 3/10 and 3/11. They will likely stay open a bit later than that but should for sure be open that weekend.  Any preference on Saturday over Sunday??  

It needs to be a day when Root, NMSki and Enjorales are there.  

I think the only date I would have a conflict with would be St. Patrick's Day, have to travel to MD for a niece's birthday party that day, so wouldn't be able to hang around. The 18th or the weekend before or after should be clear.

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's better than conditions were this time last year. Think positive.

Have they never made it past an early Easter?

Last season we lucked into a 17" snowstorm and cold snowmaking weather. I never recall them staying open past an early Easter. I'll check back to be sure. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not by Blue by me..just like there are talks of Vail wanting to buy blue mountain 

Nah, I distinctly remember that. There was also a late snowstorm around that time, and if Blue really wanted, they could ski into May. But they chose not to.

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Nah, I distinctly remember that. There was also a late snowstorm around that time, and if Blue really wanted, they could ski into May. But they chose not to.

Last season??  Was there an April snowstorm???  Because last season within a week of closing the snow almost completely vaporized away. 

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Not sure what that chart means. Did they ever stay open past Easter?

Never. The chart is when Easter is every year first date is western Easter and second date is Easteen (Greek). 

Blue has never ever been open past Easter. If Easter is in March they close the day before(Saturday) if possible and if it's in April they don't make it that long. Blue is very predictable.  It's easy since it's run by a bunch of Jabronies

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

No. I dont know what you are thinking of, but no snow in april, no blue mt skiing in may. 

If Big Boulder can barely pull off mayday, theres no way blue can. We had this exact weather pattern last year, maybe not this warm, this many days, but if that march snow didnt show up, we were gonna be cooked pretty early march. They had to blow snow on homestretch for closing day. 

Back on topic. Sat March 10. 

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

No. I dont know what you are thinking of, but no snow in april, no blue mt skiing in may. 

I'm thinking of this. It really was a good season come back. Started terrible, then suddenly got a whole lot better, and Blue was sweetening this with a bunch of discount tickets.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.14.27 PM.png

But then again, the thread's date is March, perhaps I should refresh my memory. It really felt back then that the season suddenly can go on into May.

Edited by eaf
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm thinking of this. It really was a good season come back. Started terrible, then suddenly got a whole lot better, and Blue was sweetening this with a bunch of discount tickets.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 4.14.27 PM.png

But then again, the thread's date is March, perhaps I should refresh my memory. It really felt back then that the season suddenly can go on into May.

You are off by a month. 

• Like 2