2/26 Happy Warm Spring Birthday to Me!

SallyCat

Arrived around 3. This isn't a trip report yet, just a holla to get out here if you can. It's warm, sunny, and soft. Some asshole on rental skis tried to maim me at the Main st. chair but I'm still here. More on that later. Git some snow while it's here.

IMG_3919.thumb.JPG.8ddcc22fa1c0ba9d7c6ec37926e47e6f.JPGIMG_3923.thumb.JPG.5bbe9392dd22f37d7beccaf394b65b86.JPG

24 minutes ago, antman12 said:

My guess is Burma, it was looking rough on Sat.

Lower Sidewinder. No poles anywhere, and there are lots of these potholes scattered about. 

It's setting up like rutted concrete now. Man if they groomed at 6pm on days like this, night conditions would be amazing.

Edited by SallyCat

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Lower Sidewinder. No poles anywhere, and there are lots of these potholes scattered about. 

It's setting up like rutted concrete now. Man if they groomed at 6pm on days like this, night conditions would be amazing.

They used to. 

Fun night at Blue. Arrived to a sparsely-occupied parking lot, warm breezes, and a blue sky. Here are some new developments:

• There are no longer any bumps on Barney's/Main st. 
  • Widowmaker is closed, and there's a backhoe over there that suggests that they're fixing to cannibalize the snow for use on other trails.
  • The little terrain park off Burma is closed (Yeti?)

From 3 until about 6, the snow was very soft, but not grabby. Favorite run: Switchback.

I decided to take the Main Street double at one point and right at the front of the line was Some Dude on rental equipment adjusting his boots and holding up everyone on the Burma side. Dude was engrossed in adjustment as chair after empty chair went by. So I zipped past him and lined up. I turned around to look at the arriving chair and there is Dude flailing his arms and legs and cursing as he sprawled across the entire chair.  Either he tried to line up and then realized his mistake or he just blundered forward and the chair hit him when it came around. Whatever the reason, the liftie didn't slow or stop the chair right away. I couldn't sit on the chair because terrified, shouting, cursing Dude was taking up both seats and waving his skis around crazily. I tried to step to the side and let the chair pass, but i didn't make it and the chair hit me in the back, knocked me down, and dragged me and Dude forward, off the wooden platform and into the grass. FINALLY the lift stopped moving and the liftie helped me up and back on the loading deck. Dude was screaming and cursing and throwing his skis around, telling his friends he was "done" for the day. I was just glad I didn't hurt myself other than a strained lower back muscle and a bit of a tweaked knee. 

5a94e8d07311a_2018-02-2618_05_28.thumb.jpg.bf56ca232f2eb22a69088723bd472b4e.jpg

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sunset shot is great. 

That is a nice picture. Glad you were not hurt Sallycat. I am always baffled by people that will bring everything around them to a grinding halt to do something that should have been done out of the way/off to the side with no regard for anyone else. Imagine that guy driving a car, scary.

Happy Birthday !

The most dangerous part of Blue Mtn is the other people, stopping on a trail feels like your taking your life in your hands but the lifts one would conclude should be safe.

I was in the hood sort of and rode last night from about 730 to 930, it bricked up pretty good and was pretty rowdy, it was the skiing version of paris-roubaix.

• Thanks 1