antman12

20 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
What's the best run at Blue??

Tie between NMDW and Switchback. Sidewinder is also up there.

Tend to agree. When trees are in play, Blue Baumer- Lazy - Falls is up there too.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Was her location "in front of you"? If so, then you would have been 100% at fault if you'd hit her. 

It's Blue. There are under-skilled goobers on every trail most of the time.  If you don't like it, move someplace with off-piste and/or backcountry skiing. 

Her location was (generally speaking) on the other side of the trail, she went over falls and cut (almost) directly across the trail and into my path. I never said I had a problem with any of this, I just casually threw it out there and got accused of bragging about it. 

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Downhill skier/rider has the right of way..remember that..

No sh*t Lol. That's why when she cut in front of me I altered my path.

Edited by antman12

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should try to go up north or out west in April. 

I took March 22nd and 23rd off of work. The tentative plan is to ride Mount Snow for two days and stay at the snow lake lodge (I know I know) for a night. 

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I took March 22nd and 23rd off of work. The tentative plan is to ride Mount Snow for two days and stay at the snow lake lodge (I know I know) for a night. 

What wrong with the snow lake lodge???  One night for a Vermont trip sounds short but way to get after it!! Ok 22nd and 23rd are a Thursday and Friday so you have four days to ski wooo

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What wrong with the snow lake lodge???  One night for a Vermont trip sounds short but way to get after it!!

It's just a bit....downtrodden. 

If I had the cash I would buy it and renovate it into a modern hostel that also had some affordable rooms. I'd create a nice bright lounge area with a fireplace,  a bar but no restaurant: I'd bring in food trucks like they do at the Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT.  It would be a hopping social hub. You can't beat the location. 

It's sort of my side-dream to run a place that caters to people like me: people who don't make a lot of money but like to ski and are hobbled by high lodging costs. 

Anyway, SLL is fine, just get all your shots before you go. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What wrong with the snow lake lodge???  One night for a Vermont trip sounds short but way to get after it!! Ok 22nd and 23rd are a Thursday and Friday so you have four days to ski wooo

I believe it was Shadows and another member (maybe sallycat ^^^) saying how it was not exactly a nice place to stay. lol.

Yea my plan is to only ride Thursday and Friday but now you have me thinking... hmm.

2 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I believe it was Shadows and another member (maybe sallycat ^^^) saying how it was not exactly a nice place to stay. lol.

Yea my plan is to only ride Thursday and Friday but now you have me thinking... hmm.

Are you gonna introduce yourself to the PASRs this weekend at Blue??  Should be a nice one. No rain and maybe we'll do sausage Sunday. I'll start a weekend roll call thread tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you gonna introduce yourself to the PASRs this weekend at Blue??  Should be a nice one. No rain and maybe we'll do sausage Sunday. I'll start a weekend roll call thread tomorrow. 

Very good possibility. Its kinda awkward to just walk up to a group of 10+ friends and say hi so ill try to get there early.

4 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Very good possibility. Its kinda awkward to just walk up to a group of 10+ friends and say hi so ill try to get there early.

There won't be 10+ people there until 740am lol or come to the lot after 10am and have beers with us. Unfortunately PASRs are really bad at waiting for snowboarders to strap in. I believe TP4 and Schif are the only riders...

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There won't be 10+ people there until 740am lol or come to the lot after 10am and have beers with us. Unfortunately PASRs are really bad at waiting for snowboarders to strap in. I believe TP4 and Schif are the only riders...

Fair enough, I should be up around 720ish.

Lol I wouldn't expect you guys to wait. Plus you guys probably ski way faster then me on average.

16 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'll be there on Sunday. The 8 Seconds at the top and the 14 seconds at the bottom add up when these guys cruise through the VIP gates so I rarely get more than one run at a time with the whole crew haha. 

Schif we were discussing making gaper day the following sunday instead of Saturday so you and Phillycore can be a part of it. Official announcement to come by Atomic Jeff soon. 

I could probably do Saturday. I'm supposed to go to Scranton that Saturday for a Parade Day Party, so I could potentially do Gaper Day then head North, or maybe skip the party all together. We all know the shenanigans in the lot would be more fun than hanging out in Scranton. 

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

I could probably do Saturday. I'm supposed to go to Scranton that Saturday for a Parade Day Party, so I could potentially do Gaper Day then head North, or maybe skip the party all together. We all know the shenanigans in the lot would be more fun than hanging out in Scranton. 

I think it's gonna be Sunday anyway it's Atomic Jeffs call since he's the moderator and Saturday is his running day and Sunday is his drinking day. 

We have an annual st. Patrick's day parade in Allentown. I've never been..I'm more of a Cinco de mayo kind of guy. 

32 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'll be there on Sunday. The 8 Seconds at the top and the 14 seconds at the bottom add up when these guys cruise through the VIP gates so I rarely get more than one run at a time with the whole crew haha. 

lol 

God forbid they wait an extra 15 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Glad the majority of people who want it Saturday will have their opinion squashed by the almighty Jeff and Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back to my lurking days and even now I don't get the fascination with this guy.