3/3-3/4 weekend roll call thread...

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You are like my fourth favorite Hall and Oates song,"Out of Touch"

Lol, you used that line just recently.  That joke is like 99% of pop lyrics: repetitive!  :D

Also, don't really understand the RTM thing either. 

• Thanks 1

I gave a bunch of shit to salty for buying both the skinny and short versions of the RTM. I found him a sick deal on some last seasons 86’s in the snow 177 length but be vomited on the deal and now we’re stuck laughing about it every time it’s mentioned. 

tl;dr - short skis suck, long skis truck

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The person at the ski shop said 170s were good. 

Subjective and relative to how you ski. I have 172s (RTM 84s) and they are awesome; perfect. They are burly, stable, grippy skis and are plenty fast for me. I'm more interested in deliberate turns than speed anyway, but still: the 84s have an impressively high speed limit. The 177s were too unwieldy for my low skill level and the way I ski.

Salty likes to go fast and publish his max speed. He should have bought the 86s in 177. Harder to get on edge than the 81s, but I don't think he uses his edges anyway. His stats would be savage if he'd bought the 86s. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I am no gear guru, but Volkl RTMs ski fine for me. 

Exactly. For me I don't understand the differences and nuances in ski types. I think it's all marketing BS. "RTM" sounded the coolest so that's what I went with. Oh, and I thought they looked really cool too.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Just looked at the hour by hour for tomorrow. Obviously these can be a crapshoot, but tomorrow could be much better then expected. If winds are only 14mph that's not too bad...

BLUE HOUR BY HOUR.JPG

It will be windier than that tomorrow but who cares.  It's skiing, you're outdoors and you have a helmet to protect yourself from a bad hair day.