3/3 delayed opening

enjoralas

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Write a real report. Matt Edge was asking how Camelback is. 

I don't think I can come up with anything funnier than that Rocky picture today. That's so hilarious.

I updated my stats for you. I still have a comfortable lead in first place.

53 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't think I can come up with anything funnier than that Rocky picture today. That's so hilarious.

I updated my stats for you. I still have a comfortable lead in first place.

Hey, sorry our paths didn't cross, I was with two more people, and it was close to impossible to coordinate everybody's wishes.

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Write a real report. Matt Edge was asking how Camelback is. 

I'll say a few words, if I may.

The CB may have been lying about 18" of fresh snow, but they didn't lie about epic skiing. Today was really, really and unexpectedly good. The only two things that were spoiling this winterfest were moderate-to-strong headwinds and crowds that gradually built up to midwinter peak levels. To give CB credit, they opened up most of their lifts. Expresses worked from the very beginning, and around noon three slower bottom-to-top lifts were running as well. While snow was generally decent everywhere, I saw some ice on the top of the Cliffhanger, but that was more of an exception to the rule. The best trail was Rhodo Glen, they clearly did something special to it to prepare for race training in the late morning, but despite the race, parts of it were open to the public all day.

I'm glad I saved my tickets to come today. Some people in our company were upset to learn that The Loft is doing the demo sale next weekend rather than today. Because we ran out of tickets for this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eaf said:

Hey, sorry our paths didn't cross, I was with two more people, and it was close to impossible to coordinate everybody's wishes.

No problem. It was so crowded today and I forgot what color you wear. I stayed until around 12. Once the singles line started taking 10-15 minutes that was enough for me. Overall a great day though and the funnest for me in a few weeks. I was making fun of them a bit with the Rocky pic, but the snow was really good on most trails. The black diamonds were kind of crappy, though. Mashed potato type snow mixed with pure ice. But all the blue trails were fantastic.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No problem. It was so crowded today and I forgot what color you wear. I stayed until around 12. Once the singles line started taking 10-15 minutes that was enough for me. Overall a great day though and the funnest for me in a few weeks. I was making fun of them a bit with the Rocky pic, but the snow was really good on most trails. The black diamonds were kind of crappy, though. Mashed potato type snow mixed with pure ice. But all the blue trails were fantastic.

You were threatening to buy BM pass this weekend. Did you do it?

1 minute ago, eaf said:

You were threatening to buy BM pass this weekend. Did you do it?

Yep. I'll be at the True Blue next season. I'll miss Camelback but felt I could use a change in venues to keep my interest in skiing. Who knows, if Blue disappoints next season I might end up back at Camelback. 

I have to say, the VIP line at Blue yesterday was faster than all the single lines at Camelback today. But Blue wasnt nearly as crowded yesterday so not sure if that's a fair comparison.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was surprised to hear from Mr. Steeze that you also bought a Blue pass.

I'm pretty sure, half of Poconos now has a no-restriction-on-sale-today-at-midnight-only season pass, so no reason to be surprised here.

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Salty I'm flattered that you love my analogies so much. Im not kidding I'm feeling special right about now.

Thanks! That's my favorite Rocky movie. I played Training Montage and Hearts on Fire to motivate me while biking up Pike's Peak. Meant to yell Drago at the top but I was too tired.

Edited by saltyant

47 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yep. I'll be at the True Blue next season. I'll miss Camelback but felt I could use a change in venues to keep my interest in skiing. Who knows, if Blue disappoints next season I might end up back at Camelback. 

I have to say, the VIP line at Blue yesterday was faster than all the single lines at Camelback today. But Blue wasnt nearly as crowded yesterday so not sure if that's a fair comparison.

Be fun to see more of you next season. I'll probably continue to pick up a triple ticket to Camel each year. I like blue, but like some variety too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Be fun to see more of you next season. I'll probably continue to pick up a triple ticket to Camel each year. I like blue, but like some variety too.

I might do the same. I'll try to get to Blue every weekend until they close. When's gaper day?

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

How's the coverage?  No mashed potatoes at Blue this morning. Some sugar for sure. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How's the coverage?  No mashed potatoes at Blue this morning. Some sugar for sure. 

Great coverage. Just a couple bare spots on Nile Mile which were off to the side. I don't think the snow on the diamonds was actual mashed potatoes, per se. Just kind of lumpy. I prefer a nice smooth surface, like how Cliffhanger was the first few runs.

If I do non Blue PA skiing next year it will either be when Blue is closed (but cant plan in advance where will be open), if somewhere gets a dump (can't plan in adcance) or on days I expect Blue to be overcrowded (so I will look for deals for never a line Montage). May also get a PS&R card again to ski around.

1 hour ago, enjoralas said: