Shawnee - 03/03

eaf

Crazy. I drove to Newark this morning from Bethlehem; no problems on 78, but after about 20 minutes of driving I suddenly realized we'd transitioned from a snowy winter landscape to absolutely no snow. I never did look at the radar yesterday, but the abrupt transitions seem pretty wild. 

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

Crazy. I drove to Newark this morning from Bethlehem; no problems on 78, but after about 20 minutes of driving I suddenly realized we'd transitioned from a snowy winter landscape to absolutely no snow. I never did look at the radar yesterday, but the abrupt transitions seem pretty wild. 

Salty was talking about abrupt transitions last night. It's weird wild stuff.  I hope you said hi to Lafonda at the Newark airport for me. She's lenient with the amount of carryon items you can bring.  American Airlines terminal 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty was talking about abrupt transitions last night. It's weird wild stuff.  I hope you said hi to Lafonda at the Newark airport for me. She's lenient with the amount of carryon items you can bring.  American Airlines terminal 

We dismissed early from school yesterday but it was a touch call; I mean, we were expecting a warm, mild rainstorm and it turned into an insane blizzard-pocalypse. I was a little squeamish about sending new drivers out into those conditions,  but I don't get paid to make those decisions. 

I was in the AA  terminal. Waited for half an hour on the "priority" TSA line and definitely was not feeling prioritized. A bloody mary made things better.  (I hate dealing with carry-ons, jostling for space, carrying stuff around the airport, blah. I'm only carrying a bag today because I don't want AA to lose my interview clothes).

So, the day was meh...

Like I've said, the snow was sticky, strong headwind was causing even more slowdown, and the express didn't work because apparently it's fed from another power line on top, and that was down.

The road to Shawnee was blocked on one side by a fallen tree, and partially blocked on the other by a tree hanging on wires, leaving only one lane through. Nothing worked in the neighborhood, we couldn't buy breakfast at Wawa like we usually do, and whatever they could offer in the lodge was abysmal. Croissant with cheese, eggs and something that looked like canned grilled meat. Yuck.

When we left, there was still no power or cell service nearby, and for that matter most of Rt 46 and 31 on our way back home in NJ didn't have working traffic lights.

3 hours ago, SallyCat said:

We dismissed early from school yesterday but it was a touch call; I mean, we were expecting a warm, mild rainstorm and it turned into an insane blizzard-pocalypse. I was a little squeamish about sending new drivers out into those conditions,  but I don't get paid to make those decisions. 

I was in the AA  terminal. Waited for half an hour on the "priority" TSA line and definitely was not feeling prioritized. A bloody mary made things better.  (I hate dealing with carry-ons, jostling for space, carrying stuff around the airport, blah. I'm only carrying a bag today because I don't want AA to lose my interview clothes).

Gotta carry on ski boots. Indiggios carries on his helmet. 

IMG_2804.PNG

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2018 at 8:05 PM, tarponhead said:

He was probably hammered. He needs to wear that

Not that hammered.

I love wearing my helmet on planes.  People think I'm some kind of pro skier, unless I haven't shaved, then I just look like some old nutjob wearing a ski helmet.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

*Same!!!  I realized that stolen FB picture has your name on it.  If you want it removed I'll contact a moderator. Just thought it was funny. 

I don't care.

Luckily there's no video of me doing a front-flip off the side of the hot tub into a pile of powder...

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Must be something about 50-something men doing flips..MBike Mike was apparently doing backflips into the pool in JH after many beers. 

Someone needs to organize a PASR ski trip so we can all get together and do flips into the pool/snow.