3/3/18...variable snow..a lot of PASRs.

37 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, I found this now...

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 6.47.02 PM.png

Frost is claiming 18” as well. I believe them leas then i believe camelback. I would say camelbacks 18” is a little exagerated, but not by too much. That area got fuuuucked up. NWS actually has Mount Pocono at 20”. We know that the jfbb ruler has a few inches missing off the bottom. 

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Shawnee got a ton of snow. At least 8-10 inches. It was obvious from the trailsides, if not on the trails themselves where it looks like they groomed it all in. All you had to do was look at Renegade which was officially closed so it wasn't groomed and you could see all the new.

Well, if that was 8-10", then I'm ready to face CB's 18" tomorrow! Was a little bit intimidated :)

Maybe you're right, and I should've looked better on the sides. Trails were such that I couldn't even stick my pole sometimes and leave it standing, and old snow was showing through all over.

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Frost is claiming 18” as well. I believe them leas then i believe camelback. I would say camelbacks 18” is a little exagerated, but not by too much. That area got fuuuucked up. NWS actually has Mount Pocono at 20”. We know that the jfbb ruler has a few inches missing off the bottom. 

So THAT's where my ruler went!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I found this now...
5a9b340b10962_ScreenShot2018-03-03at6_47_02PM.png.2fabf960e59855e96fb14e1516366d41.png
LMAO. How the can you advertise 18 inches of "pow pow" (per their website) then turn around and say we'll not really... it all drifted away" (per the above). BTW if 18 inches fell on CB they must have had a magic snow cloud hanging over their mountain because I'm not seeing 18 inches anywhere in the area.

LMAO. How the can you advertise 18 inches of "pow pow" (per their website) then turn around and say we'll not really... it all drifted away" (per the above). BTW if 18 inches fell on CB they must have had a magic snow cloud hanging over their mountain because I'm not seeing 18 inches anywhere in the area.
Correction... They didn't advertise "pow pow". They advertised "pow pow pow". Three pows! With three pows I'd pull up to that place expecting chest deep blower and for it to look like the scene from fucking Rocky 5 when Rocky was training in Siberia for his match against Ivan Drago. Anything short of that would have me complaining on social media too... Takes balls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Big Bear would be the place for new snow tomorrow, as they got too much snow on local roads to open today, and are opening tomorrow for first time since snowfall

Wait, Beat Creek was open today?

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If you’re not spending your day at Camelback tomorrow, are you even trying to have a Sunday Funday? Ski you on the slopes.

You know tomorrow is Sausage Sunday at Blue?  Enjoy funning yourself tho. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Worst drive to Blue.  So many closed roads.  I saw tractor trailers turnt up, people hundreds of yards into cornfields, downed power lines, and more.  I even drove over some power lines at one point as I get sick of the closed roads.

skiing was meh.

940FB4E9-BBE4-4F5B-9D4D-56B90C30E86D.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7ny.com/amp/man-dies-after-driving-around-barricade-and-onto-live-wires/3190220/#ampshare=http://abc7ny.com/ma