3/3/18...variable snow..a lot of PASRs.

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 725am with a slight detour due to hearing that 145 was closed in Laurys station so I took cherryville road instead.  In the house were JFDan, Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, tele matt, Nastar Glenn, Antwan, SaltyAnt, West Chester guys and many others.  

First civilian chair to a rowdy challenge which was a little bit of everything and homestretch was pretty grabby snow unless you had the blue wax on like Nastar Glenn. Next run on sidewinder was ice, soft, rocks, twigs, everything. Switchback and Nigjtmare to Dreamweaver were the best runs of the day. I didn't ski lazy or paradise probably were too slow with the winds. 

The quad was not running which made for some liftline on the six pack six pack but nothing major. Temperatures were in the 30s and there was a contest in Central Park along with racing on Raisins ledge..all in all fun skiing. I'm now posted up at grumpys. 

IMG_2798.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

• Like 6

It was nice meeting you guys today. I was literally right behind AtomicJeff who got a much better picture of the tractor trailer then me lol. A bunch of road closures, trees down all over, no salt and easily 10+ cars stuck/abandoned on the way. 

As far as riding goes I did Lazy Mile>Switchback>Sidewinder>Main street and Razors Edge (for the culture). Repeated those 5 again for 10 runs total and got out of there. By about 1015 the carousel was about 80-90% filled up. I don’t know if it was the wind, the snow, my board or all 3 but I wasn’t able to get dang near anywhere I wanted to without pushing or strapping in at the top of trails. Probably the least enjoyable day of the season for me but its all good!

hit the parking lot after and met a few PASRs for the first time. Again nice meeting you guys. Unfortunately I won’t being coming to Blue tomorrow like I told you guys. My nephew wants to go to bear crick so I’m going to oblige. I’ll probably have a small report. 

Hit my brothers house on the way back and just got back to my place in Doylestown and STILL no power. Word is, well nobody has any idea when. D*mn. 

Only impact the snow seemed to have was that it was better than if it had rained more.

Mystery why Nightmare is a double black when it lacks bumps. After convincing kids to try it (as double black is scary for them) they were like "this should be blue" and they were right.   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Only impact the snow seemed to have was that it was better than if it had rained more.

Mystery why Nightmare is a double black when it lacks bumps. After convincing kids to try it (as double black is scary for them) they were like "this should be blue" and they were right.   

I seem to be in the minority today because I found the snow enjoyable on most trails, except on the two Main Streets. I'm such a noob because I Kept looking for Nightmare but couldn't remember how to get to it. Lawl.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nightmare shouldn't be any kind of black. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I seem to be in the minority today because I found the snow enjoyable on most trails, except on the two Main Streets. I'm such a noob because I Kept looking for Nightmare but couldn't remember how to get to it. Lawl.

Nightmare is to skiers right of Razors.  What time did you ski until??

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

So I'm trying to plan my day tomorrow...

It seems that there is not much new snow at BM, and 18" at CB, is that right?

Correct. Not sure how CB is but I imagine pretty similar to Shawnee. I might go to CB tomorrow morning. It seemed Blue got almost nothing and everything was left over snow.

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

CB really received 18" new?  Nearly any new snow that fell has compacted, melted and blown away..the areas with new snow groomed into the base at Blue was worse than areas with the older man made snow because it was slow and grabby unless you were using blue wax. 

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

Big Bear would be the place for new snow tomorrow, as they got too much snow on local roads to open today, and are opening tomorrow for first time since snowfall

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. Not sure how CB is but I imagine pretty similar to Shawnee. I might go to CB tomorrow morning. It seemed Blue got almost nothing and everything was left over snow.

Shawnee didn't get much new snow.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

CB really received 18" new?  Nearly any new snow that fell has compacted, melted and blown away..the areas with new snow groomed into the base at Blue was worse than areas with the older man made snow because it was slow and grabby unless you were using blue wax. 

IDK, that's what they brag about on their website.

24 minutes ago, eaf said:

Shawnee didn't get much new snow.

Shawnee got a ton of snow. At least 8-10 inches. It was obvious from the trailsides, if not on the trails themselves where it looks like they groomed it all in. All you had to do was look at Renegade which was officially closed so it wasn't groomed and you could see all the new.