GP 3.3.18

mbike-ski

After a busy day of work Friday and sneaking in some peeks of the radar, juicy forecasts and trip reports we found our unit at Greek was available and decided to head up. My cousin was flying back from Seattle and needed her car dropped off at ABE and we had to pick up mrs snobunski’s boots at (closed) blue mountain and headed out around 6. Eight and a half hours later we arrived at Hope Lake Lodge...spent 2-1/2 hours STOPPED on 81... first time Ive ever watched two amazon episodes (boardwalk) and had beers in traffic.

A little slow moving this morning but had breakfast and were on the hill just before 9. Greek just can’t catch a break this year and only got around 6 in, with lots blown around. Junior and his girl were gonna meet us but 81 was still,impassible and ended up at j frost.

Without the snowmaking power or push Greeks in a bad way But everything ski’d pretty well, spent most of the day lapping mars hill (chair 5) alternating between the groomed and dense chop. Did an obligatory R/A Woods off of #2, was full of snow snakes and mrs s got bitten good...odyssey was tits maggee but realized it too late in the day for laps

The thing is love most about Greek is the slow lifts and lack of crowds get me in my mellow GP groove. All in all another Classic day with good snow, intermittent snow showers, good food and beer and even ran into a few old friends from trips past.

I hate trip reports without pics but an also lazy with taking them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

After a busy day of work Friday and sneaking in some peeks of the radar, juicy forecasts and trip reports we found our unit at Greek was available and decided to head up. My cousin was flying back from Seattle and needed her car dropped off at ABE and we had to pick up mrs snobunski’s boots at (closed) blue mountain and headed out around 6. Eight and a half hours later we arrived at Hope Lake Lodge...spent 2-1/2 hours STOPPED on 81... first time Ive ever watched two amazon episodes (boardwalk) and had beers in traffic.

A little slow moving this morning but had breakfast and were on the hill just before 9. Greek just can’t catch a break this year and only got around 6 in, with lots blown around. Junior and his girl were gonna meet us but 81 was still,impassible and ended up at j frost.

Without the snowmaking power or push Greeks in a bad way But everything ski’d pretty well, spent most of the day lapping mars hill (chair 5) alternating between the groomed and dense chop. Did an obligatory R/A Woods off of #2, was full of snow snakes and mrs s got bitten good...odyssey was tits maggee but realized it too late in the day for laps

The thing is love most about Greek is the slow lifts and lack of crowds get me in my mellow GP groove. All in all another Classic day with good snow, intermittent snow showers, good food and beer and even ran into a few old friends from trips past.

I hate trip reports without pics but an also lazy with taking them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8312e831e978da1f7861875aebe004b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6