03.04.2018...Slow day

antman12

Afternoon all, I just got back from my first day at bear in over 3 years. Woke up STILL without power. Took an ice cold shower due to no power and did a little foam rolling as today was my first back to back riding days in a few years.

IMG_2216.thumb.jpg.799759dfd197bb48ff75a92587e77861.jpg

Pulled into the parking lot around 8am and was instantly taken aback by the lack of snow. I haven't checked but I would have to guess it rained here on Friday rather than snowed. They were selling all day tickets for only $25 so credit to them. Quite a few trails were closed including both Sasquatch and Extreme which are my favorite none park trails at Bear. The park set up was a nice change compared to riding the same park at Blue. They have a couple fun rails/setups that I really enjoyed but I only took 4 runs thru the park. I then went over to the back side and rode both timberline and grizzly twice each.

By this time I was pretty bored and had about an hour to kill before my sister and nephew arrived so I went and grabbed a vanilla latte at the cafe thats located up in the hotel/spa part of the resort. Sat on one of the decks for awhile until my sister and nephew arrived.My sister then proceeded to zip tie her glove to her pants/ticket...fool.

view.thumb.jpg.5e5cf75b75cd52927b0d84d04ef58c96.jpg

fool.thumb.jpg.9fc04a18a8f988a26d51e5d316ecc3af.jpg

We took about 8 runs  mainly down a couple of their beginner trails for awhile. I was happily surprised by my nephews progression since I last rode with him about a month ago. Hes able to link his carves together now and its finally starting to "click" for him! We grabbed some lunch and did a couple more runs  before calling it a day.

I definitely dont see Bear making it much longer but it was good to get back there again. The drive up, lodge and some of the trails brought back A LOT of memories from my close to 10 years holding a pass.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Wow looks rough there but nice to see a report from there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea man no problem. Thanks for reading.

10 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Looks sad there😨  I did hear areas just west of here got little to no snow Friday. 

It was pretty sad. I could have taken/shared a bunch of pictures of trails with huge potholes, completely bare areas and most of the trails were just white ribbons.