Trip Report - 3/4/2018

saltyant

Tags:  #powpowpow #sundayfunday #18inches #sickbird #rad

Another great day at Camelback. Arrived at 755 today in the lot near Stevenson lift, before the masses showed up. In the house were saltyant, Eaf, and many, many, many others.

First run down Nile Mile was mad steezy. Wall to wall coverage of fresh corduroy. Next tried out Cliffhanger which was also in great shape. Stayed on the Stevenson side for a while, alternating between Nile Mile, Cliffhanger, and Rhododendron Glen. I have to use spell check every time to figure out how to write that last one.

To switch it up I headed over to the Sullivan side after about an hour. Tuts was in great shape and vastly improved compared to the last time I skied it two weeks ago. Made a run down Asp, but it wasn't as good - small piles of mashed potato type snow, and patches of pure ice mixed in. As a result, I mostly stuck to blue trails throughout the day.

By 11 am the lines were getting ridonculous. The singles lines at Stevenson Lift were the longest I've ever seen and stretched well beyond where the queue ends. It was annoying that they didn't open the Marc Antony and Pocono Raceway lifts earlier. If they did I might have stayed a little longer. I tried to be patient and wait because I was having fun, but ultimately the 10-15 minute waits between runs wore me down and I left around noon.

Stopped at Wawa for a large coffee with Irish cream and a jalapeno cheese pretzel.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

I really wonder how you managed to find that mashed potato snow... Especially in the morning. It was quite cold!

It was more in the late morning/early afternoon. Probably not actually mashed potatoes like most people think of, but just lumpy and more difficult to make turns in.

Edited by saltyant

19 hours ago, saltyant said:

Tags:  #powpowpow #sundayfunday #18inches #sickbird #rad

Another great day at Camelback. Arrived at 755 today in the lot near Stevenson lift, before the masses showed up. In the house were saltyant, Eaf, and many, many, many others.

First run down Nile Mile was mad steezy. Wall to wall coverage of fresh corduroy. Next tried out Cliffhanger which was also in great shape. Stayed on the Stevenson side for a while, alternating between Nile Mile, Cliffhanger, and Rhododendron Glen. I have to use spell check every time to figure out how to write that last one.

To switch it up I headed over to the Sullivan side after about an hour. Tuts was in great shape and vastly improved compared to the last time I skied it two weeks ago. Made a run down Asp, but it wasn't as good - small piles of mashed potato type snow, and patches of pure ice mixed in. As a result, I mostly stuck to blue trails throughout the day.

By 11 am the lines were getting ridonculous. The singles lines at Stevenson Lift were the longest I've ever seen and stretched well beyond where the queue ends. It was annoying that they didn't open the Marc Antony and Pocono Raceway lifts earlier. If they did I might have stayed a little longer. I tried to be patient and wait because I was having fun, but ultimately the 10-15 minute waits between runs wore me down and I left around noon.

Stopped at Wawa for a large coffee with Irish cream and a jalapeno cheese pretzel.

Salty thanks for updating your stats!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Congrats on 1700'posts. You da man!!!!  

Thanks!!! It's quite an accomplishment especially dealing with the haters, the flamers, the roasters, post deletions, and even a 3 day ban but I've pushed forward through all the blood sweat and tears to reach this magical milestone.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks!!! It's quite an accomplishment especially dealing with the haters, the flamers, the roasters, post deletions, and even a 3 day ban but I've pushed forward through all the blood sweat and tears to reach this magical milestone.

You're like a ,chumbawumba song..you get knocked down but you get up again. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

The haters, the flamers and me.

La da da de da da dum.

The haters, the flamers and me. 

- Ski2Frog "The PS&R Connection"

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Fify 

That's ok. The snow is better when it's groomed so that stuff doesn't get in my face.

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe Camelback will still be open in mid April when I return from Colorado.  

Go Camelback..blow that snow!!!!  S

SaltyAnchovie I think you messed up by buying a Blue pass..

If so we'll have to have a Camelback PASR day. My pass there is good for the rest of the season. Maybe next year everyone on here will buy Camelback passes instead.