3/8/18

momskeeztoo

Just now, momskeeztoo said:

Hahahaha. Jokester. Hope the snow is as nice this weekend as it was today. Pretty much had the place to ourselves today, so didn't get skied off. 

That's what I like to hear. Last year I went there on a Friday also, and it wasn't that crowded. Also didn't encounter a single icy spot. Glad you had a great time.

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

031-540x540.jpg

is this the lodge? Im about to go up there now

That's the restaurant/bar.  Must be an old picture, that fence is long gone.  Sorry I won't be around to buy a hot cocoa to share. I have to be in Philly Friday.  Have fun can't wait for the TR.

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Made it to Vermont!! Snow looks epic. Ski patrol said there's 2 inches of fresh over the groomed snow so it's going to be the best day of the season by far.

It was snowing through Scranton and down 380 on my way home last night. Was hoping some made it up there. 

1 hour ago, rummy said:

Salty, check out the "half-way house" 1/2 way down the West slope, skiers left. It's the locals hang out, picnic spot. Was Elks' original lodge 53 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just did the West Slope trail and couldn't find the halfway house. Will keep searching.

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should share your captains wafers with the locals. 

The Vermont locals all brought their lunches in the lodge. I meant to buy a Subway yesterday which would have been substantially cheaper but was too lazy to go out after work, so now I am paying the price. The upside is burgers at Ski lodges are very good.

Edited by saltyant