Saltyant Rides Vermont

saltyant

What an epic day at Vermont. Woke up at 6:15 and headed up Interstate 81. Stopped at Burger King near Montage for two Croissanwich and OJ. Then finished the trip to Vermont and arrived just after 8 am. Earned first civilian chair, as there was no one even in line at 8:25 which was crazy. First run of the day was the blue on the left, I think it's called Delaware or something, which was totally rad. 2 inches of fresh fell over night, a nice bonus. Next run was on Susquehanna, my favorite trail there, and maybe my favorite trail ever. That was a blast, as there was also a light coating of fresh perder. Later I broke my personal speed record on Susquehanna and hit a legit 55.3 MPH, which was even faster than my previous record on Razor's Edge. And to the skeptics, I have proof on my phone and I matched the app to my car's speedometer and the app tracks speed perfectly, so this is probably a world record or something.

Throughout the day, made my way across the mountain and think I skied every trail. I even did Upper Tunkhannock one time, and realized I don't think I'll ever like skiing moguls. I like going fast and skiing on smooth snow, and moguls just aren't my shtoyle.  So I concede to Indiggo for this Sunday's mogul race (still not cleaning Steeze's car). Sorry Rummy and Momskeeztoo, the snow was so damn good today that I didn't get around to checking out your suggestions. I'll have to check out the Halfway House and the restaurant next year when I return to Vermont.

The best run of the day was near the end, on a black called Wyalusing or something. Around 3 it started snow squalling heavily and dumped lots of fresh, and it was so sick having FirstTŗax that late in the day. There was hardly anyone there all day, so by late afternoon the fresh snow was completely untracked. Overall a fantastic day at Vermont and another successful day out. Made 40 runs and achieved almost 30k in vert to add to my stats.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

Salty, now that VT is almost like a boring kindergarten playground for you, I think we can go to CO next year. Jump on the Ikon pass in another thread? Plus we'll ditch BM passes next fall when they cost double of what they're today, and will be hitting Stratton on a weekly basis.

Edited by eaf
  • Like 1