3/10/18..midwinter snow..lots of PASRs..BMDI

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 7:23am and in the house were JFDan, Antman, Atomic Jeff, NMSki, Ryan, GSSucks, Indiggio, Justo, TheRealKT, Johnny Law, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn and many others. First run down Razors was on point..very nice groomed snow, challenge was good on top and some mini cookies in the middle. Nightmare Dreamweaver was super smooth and I skied that a few times. Switchback was also nice and I skied that three times all nice runs.  I only skied Main Street once and they blew snow in the bumps. My arm was bugging me from a lot of movement I didn't wanna ski bumps and I didn't realize how much poling goes down until today.  

Around 920am the six pack broke down a little with us on it then the quad stopped. Skied another run and hungout in the parking lot, had a few beers and some chips and then went to the BMDI with NMSki and Johnny Law..very good food and a lot of it for cheap and I had two cups of coffee would have been at least 4 with the great coffee on demand service...at the HamFam of trivit you're lucky if they top it off once.  Then stopped at the top star express for gas and heard there was an accident on 145 at neffs/Laureys station road..ended up getting diverted into residential neighborhood behind the Hi Way in Laureys station and I just took the scenic route to Neffs then back down to 22 through schnecksville and Orefield..took a little longer. Tomorrow for gaper day should be more of the same good midwinter conditions. I'm hoping for a little more sunshine..now time to track down some champagne and tubular meat 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

ZZSlope, PARidge, Marty and Bethlehem Ford guy Kurt also in the house.  

Really nice today, good sized crowd on hill, when I left, the parking lot was getting full and cars where circling looking for empty parking spots. Enjoyed some interesting conversations on the lift today. If I had to pick ROTD it would be switchback, but not by a lot. There was good snow to be had all over, although the falls got a little sketchy. 

I couldn't believe the condition of Barney's.  The recent storm and additional snow blown in them made them superb until I departed.

However, they were getting quite deep and some of them had cliff drops for saddles.  You'd easily get airborne without even trying.

I agree that the snow was excellent pretty much all over the mountain.

I dont think any other mtn around here is as photogenic as blue. 
Blue look badass from a distance too. Vermont jokes aside but if you're ever pulling in to Elk from the north side of the mountain and you get to see the slopes from a distance it also looks pretty badass. Took this last time I was there. 62793d85f0673831d8d437062b8fa6df.jpg
  • Like 3

So I've finally decided to join and post after living vicariously through you guys all season. 

The GF and I made it for the last of our triple play today.  We found widowmaker to be the best run for us.  Overall I found the conditions to be great, despite the gf's objections

But without a doubt, Blue Mt is our favorite in the area.  Wish it made sense for us to do season passes.  Oh well, there's always paskiandride to help me live the dream.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ATLfromNJ said:

So I've finally decided to join and post after living vicariously through you guys all season. 

The GF and I made it for the last of our triple play today.  We found widowmaker to be the best run for us.  Overall I found the conditions to be great, despite the gf's objections

But without a doubt, Blue Mt is our favorite in the area.  Wish it made sense for us to do season passes.  Oh well, there's always paskiandride to help me live the dream.

Welcome to PASR!!!  

• Like 1

Glad to hear you enjoyed it there. It’s been great the last week, especially after the wet snow Wednesday. Stick around. We usually have buddy passes to share as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed it there. It’s been great the last week, especially after the wet snow Wednesday. Stick around. We usually have buddy passes to share as well.

Yea we really like it there.  Our 3rd year going to Blue and have yet to walk away disappointed.  Mountain Ops really do a great job with what they are given.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLfromNJ said:

Yea we really like it there.  Our 3rd year going to Blue and have yet to walk away disappointed.  Mountain Ops really do a great job with what they are given.  

So, I figure, you wisely chose not to come on the Presidents Day? :P

Welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It's been really good this year. They could groom better but snowmaking is great 

Yeah, I wonder if they're gonna be making snow next week. It's gonna be below freezing every single night.

Yeah, I wonder if they're gonna be making snow next week. It's gonna be below freezing every single night.

Maybe, but I don’t think there is a need. But I don’t know what there long range plans are. I don’t see them being open later than the 31st.

Hey errybody. 

Pulled into the lot at 720 and ended up on the 3rd chair up. The first run was probably the most fun I've had all season, first person down a perfectly groomed packed powder lazy mile and managed to link together all of the stuff Ive been trying in the lower park. I could have left and been happy! Speaking of the lower park, absolutely perfect from 8-930. 

After that it was switchback(awesome) and challenge with dumb golf ball sized ice balls but otherwise nice. After that it was the bumps. Wow! So much fun after they blew an inch+ and challenging as some of them were pretty deep. I ate it pretty good on the bottom section :rofl.

then Burma and challenge again. This is when the lift stopped, for me right in front of the pole jam. They emptied the lift and I saw a few PASRs at the bottom them.. you guys bounced but the lift was back up within maybe 4 minutes. I finished with sidewinder, burma, bumps and switchback for 10 runs. Went and chilled with the PASRs that left for a little while. 

Ill be up tomorrow early am and look forward to meeting you all. I'll probably be the only snowboarder so you'll know who I am, come say hi!

IMG_0587.PNG

IMG_2262.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Hey errybody. 

Pulled into the lot at 720 and ended up on the 3rd chair up. The first run was probably the most fun I've had all season, first person down a perfectly groomed packed powder lazy mile and managed to link together all of the stuff Ive been trying in the lower park. I could have left and been happy! Speaking of the lower park, absolutely perfect from 8-930. 

After that it was switchback(awesome) and challenge with dumb golf ball sized ice balls but otherwise nice. After that it was the bumps. Wow! So much fun after they blew an inch+ and challenging as some of them were pretty deep. I ate it pretty good on the bottom section :rofl.

then Burma and challenge again. This is when the lift stopped, for me right in front of the pole jam. They emptied the lift and I saw a few PASRs at the bottom them.. you guys bounced but the lift was back up within maybe 4 minutes. I finished with sidewinder, burma, bumps and switchback for 10 runs. Went and chilled with the PASRs that left for a little while. 

Ill be up tomorrow early am and look forward to meeting you all. I'll probably be the only snowboarder so you'll know who I am, come say hi!

IMG_0587.PNG

IMG_2262.jpg

Im glad you rode the bumps for the culture.