Jack Frost - 3/13/2018 - Get After It

EdBacon

10 or 12 years ago the kids that rode park, just got together, tried things, critiqued each other. I was a parent of one of those kids, and it was fun watching them. Their enthusiasm was infectious, and it was a great time. My kids always played outside, had a pretty good amount of freedom. I don't feel kids have that anymore, their whole lives are so completely scheduled, I'm not sure why. I also feel people who ski or ride routinely genuinely love it, they are not picky about the weather or conditions. 

Or... maybe snowboarding just isn't cool anymore? Things do go through phases after all. And to be fair, the X-Games circus that surrounded everything does burn itself out after a while. 

Anyway, I had a great day at Frost yesterday. No park laps, no problem. It's gonna be great there all week its looking like. Get it before it Mother Nature changes her mind. 

Edited by EdBacon

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I knew absolutely none of this stuff. When it comes to the next generation I'm like my fourth favorite Hall and Oates song,"Out of Touch"   I do remember my mom making me go out and play until dinner time and never having much in the way of homework until I was in college and I heard kids today get lots of homework.  I feel like the younger generation is more conservative except for sorority girls who are freaks. 

Indeed!  Like using ski poles?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5503403/Sexual-tasks-sorority-girls-forced-scavenger-hunt.html

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went to college ready to be the next Donald trump and tackle Wall Street.  Well junior year I visited Manhatten with the finance club and saw that being a Wall Street analyst was not what I wanted to do so when I graduated from college I took a job at the Allentown Merrill lynch making cold calls and a year later was sick of it and moved to Montana for 18 months.  College turned me into a functional alcoholic and pothead..