NJ Cannabis Legalization Thread

RootDKJ

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

When do the "garden" pics start?

Might be fun if I get some seeds.  Stupid easy to find people who already grow it, though. 

I think Vermont is trying to keep production local to boost the ag economy. More farmers' markets than dispensaries, e.g. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NMSKI said:

I love the smell of flower, but after having these oil pens for a bit I don’t think I’m ever going back.

Is it due to putting hot smoke in your lungs??  At the bar the other night my friend had a pen and this one chick must have hit it six times straight.  I said she reminded me of a kitchen utensil..a pot holder lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Might be fun if I get some seeds.  Stupid easy to find people who already grow it, though. 

I think Vermont is trying to keep production local to boost the ag economy. More farmers' markets than dispensaries, e.g. 

I never even thought about this...

you can sell weed at a farmers market?

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is it due to putting hot smoke in your lungs??  At the bar the other night my friend had a pen and this one chick must have hit it six times straight.  I said she reminded me of a kitchen utensil..a pot holder lol

The smoke is one thing, but I also feel like the high is a little cleaner and I love the taste and aroma that comes from the pen as well.  

42 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

The smoke is one thing, but I also feel like the high is a little cleaner and I love the taste and aroma that comes from the pen as well.  

Also, since the material is not combusted, fewer irritants and potential carcinogens are released. 
Thus vaping is considered far safer than smoking, but you then get into the VG vs PG debate, extraction methods, etc.

49 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Also, since the material is not combusted, fewer irritants and potential carcinogens are released. 
Thus vaping is considered far safer than smoking, but you then get into the VG vs PG debate, extraction methods, etc.

Flavrx for example is extracted using a solventless Co2 extraction process, and I believe for many cannabis pens they are starting to use a lot of hemp derived terpenes instead of VG or PG like is used for nicotine vape juice.  

What a world we live in!

9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Flavrx for example is extracted using a solventless Co2 extraction process, and I believe for many cannabis pens they are starting to use a lot of hemp derived terpenes instead of VG or PG like is used for nicotine vape juice.  

What a world we live in!

I thought they add the terpenes in for added flavor and that the VG/PG is used to thin out the juice so that it's more readily vaporized.

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I thought they add the terpenes in for added flavor and that the VG/PG is used to thin out the juice so that it's more readily vaporized.

I'm by no means a chemist or anything, but I know that some brands definitely do not use VG/PG or at least use little enough that they can claim not to.  As far as the thickness of the juice -the pens I have, i wouldn't even consider it to be juice.  Its very non-viscous oil.  I can put it upside down and it takes 20 minutes for the oil to flow to the bottom of the vial so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been thinned, at least not in any meaningful way.  The pens do get clogged with oil sometimes and you just have to let it heat up really hot and take a massive hit to clear it out.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I'm by no means a chemist or anything, but I know that some brands definitely do not use VG/PG or at least use little enough that they can claim not to.  As far as the thickness of the juice -the pens I have, i wouldn't even consider it to be juice.  Its very non-viscous oil.  I can put it upside down and it takes 20 minutes for the oil to flow to the bottom of the vial so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been thinned, at least not in any meaningful way.  The pens do get clogged with oil sometimes and you just have to let it heat up really hot and take a massive hit to clear it out.  

It's interesting how all this has changed and so rapidly as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you wake and bake today?  I’ve never been interested in growing. The price of MJ has come down in the last several years.  

Nah, I had to get shit done today; plus MJ is a lot more potent now than when I was a young Deadhead. I need to see where I stand with it.  Last time I smoked I was sitting in a friend's living room thinking "I guess I live in this easy chair now because evidently, I've lost the ability to move my limbs."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Nah, I had to get shit done today; plus MJ is a lot more potent now than when I was a young Deadhead. I need to see where I stand with it.  Last time I smoked I was sitting in a friend's living room thinking "I guess I live in this easy chair now because evidently, I've lost the ability to move my limbs."

You should have seen me last night after I ate half that cannabis chocolate bar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Shadows said:

What happened? You go for a jog?

If staring at my hands and nearly having an out of body experience counts as a jog than yes.  I was actually outside a lot today.  Was walking all over a an old cemetery that’s mad technical lots of roots and holes in the ground not stink holes sinkholes.  

7 hours ago, Shadows said:

I never even thought about this...

you can sell weed at a farmers market?

You can't actually sell weed in VT; you're allowed to possess up to an ounce/six plants. But I think the legislature is trying to make sure that as the laws broaden and sales eventually become legal, that big out-of-state growers don't swoop in and dominate the industry. It would be nice to get my weed the way I get my tomatoes and kale: from the farm that grows it. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shadows said:

I think im gonna get my card when pa gets actualy plants in. I really miss sleep

My cousin has his PA medical card. It took him roughly 4 days total to complete. He started the process on Monday and had his card in his hand by Friday. Unfortunatly he cant get any plants, just pens and other stuff.

• Like 2