March 14,15,16

momskeeztoo

Snow was great today. Ladies were two chairs deep most runs. Razors was closed until about 1 pm, then opened until just above the bumps. Then you had to cut across to Challenge. Fresh cord at 1 pm!! Did everything at least once. Everything in great shape. Back for more tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They blew on a lot too. I’m curious what their plans are for closing. I wouldn’t expect them to still be putting in the effort and money if they were closing on the 31st. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The snow isn't even gonna have a chance to melt before the 31st.  You might say my claim is bold but I think Blue might be open the weekend of the 14th and 15th of April if the long range cold and stormy forecast holds. They were open that late four years ago. 

• Like 2

The snow isn't even gonna have a chance to melt before the 31st.  You might say my claim is bold but I think Blue might be open the weekend of the 14th and 15th of April if the long range cold and stormy forecast holds. They were open that late four years ago. 

I’m okay with that since I’m away the weekend before. It’s nice to see them still pushing it, so I hope you are correct.

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I’m okay with that since I’m away the weekend before. It’s nice to see them still pushing it, so I hope you are correct.

If Blue can claim a six month long ski season, it will make them look really good when Vail puts in an offer. If they're open in April and can open Root Friday again this fall and stay open until April in 2019 they can claim that they offered skiing and riding 12 out of 18 months..that's major..and usually when something is major I ask that you hit me on my pager

Was awesome today. Deserted, soft packed snow, skiable all over equally well. Generally partly cloudy, at some point a big cloud came out of nowhere, wind picked up, and snow started to fall for like 5 mins. Incidentally at this very moment the quad stopped, and there I was swaying in the wind and snow. Six pack is closed and according to other people was closed all day long despite more people in the morning hours.

• Like 2