March 14,15,16

momskeeztoo

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

Was awesome today. Deserted, soft packed snow, skiable all over equally well. Generally partly cloudy, at some point a big cloud came out of nowhere, wind picked up, and snow started to fall for like 5 mins. Incidentally at this very moment the quad stopped, and there I was swaying in the wind and snow. Six pack is closed and according to other people was closed all day long despite more people in the morning hours.

Yeah it wasn't open when I was there this morning. Didn't have a wait for the lift all morning either. 

It hardened up nicely, quite smooth in most of the areas. I changed to SL skis for the last few runs, and that absolutely murdered my legs.

But hey, I haven't been this warm all day ;)

Edited by eaf

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
What are conditions like.  I just woke up from a nap. I needed to make up for a party rocking influenced sleep deficit. 

Conditions were excellent. Fast and grippy. NMDW was so good. Plus no one there which made it that much better.

Did you see Matt Edge?  

Just now, RidgeRacer said:
6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
Did you see Matt Edge?  

I saw him like my 3rd favorite Bette Midler song... From a distance.

Should I even ask what your two favorite Bette midler songs are?  From a distance is a good song to listen to if you're in the mood to cut yourself. 

Should I even ask what your two favorite Bette midler songs are?  From a distance is a good song to listen to if you're in the mood to cut yourself. 
I don't have any favorite Bette Midler songs. I was doing my best Doug impersonation by making a point by using a song title. I'm 99.9% certain that I'd rather listen to you freestyle rap than Bette Midler.

4 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

i dont get why they never let the comp bumps get  ski'd in a bit :blink: theyre always mediocre at best on game day

Hopeful that they let them up for the remainder of the season, and reset them a few times as well. Ill be up Sunday for some bumping! 

41 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

i dont get why they never let the comp bumps get  ski'd in a bit :blink: theyre always mediocre at best on game day

I'd expect them to open them up today, but then again.

Hopefully with a higher sun angle and predicted blue-bird skies, they'll soften up just enough.

They won't leave the competition course up.  They'll groom that out and set the big run t2b on Razors soon.

41 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I'd expect them to open them up today, but then again.

Hopefully with a higher sun angle and predicted blue-bird skies, they'll soften up just enough.

They won't leave the competition course up.  They'll groom that out and set the big run t2b on Razors soon.

I like your optimism.