Discount Elk Tickets?

bjakeski

Tuesday is senior citizen day, 65+  ticket = $25.  

Wednesday is College Students with ID, ticket = $25.

Stop at the beer/pizza place at the convenience market/gas station at exit 204 off I81.  MAYBE, (?) they have the coupons for $25 lift tickets for buying a case of Coors Light. That coupon is good on Wednesdays only. Beer distributors around Elk should have them too, but you have to buy a case unless you can "sweet talk" a clerk into giving you a freebie or two.

Other than that and moms' idea, there maybe some available at ski shops...... call around.

9 hours ago, rummy said:

You're gonna love it, they got more perder last night.... unreal conditions everywhere.

They groomed everything out last night. It was still great. No crowds, fresh cord, but they have signs up everywhere telling you not to go into the woods or you'll get your pass pulled. I did find some little stashes though. Between Kickapoo and Wissahickon and off Mohawk. Actually there's a gnarly set of rock drops there between the runout of Mohawk and whatever the intermediate trail is next to it. The snow in there was great, light and fluffy. The landing was a little flat so I had to angle myself off the second time. 

I feel like if Elk adopted an open mountain policy like Plattekill I'd be there a lot more often.

Also I love that beginner cruiser that is natural snow only that winds way out the east side of the mountain. Put some relaxing music on and just get into a kind of zen state out there. Fun day. 

Edited by EdBacon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

My first day on skis around 79 I took a group lesson then spent 4 hours struggling down Lehigh falling easy 100x. Next day I took the lesson I had booked but was too sore to head down a TTB run again.

Skiing came natural to me.  I was a rollerskater though which crossed over well. This last Sunday I was skiing circles around everybody standing around at the top..literally as I created my own short track skating course around a dozen PASRs..counter clockwise is easier just like at the fun rink where I would do cross overs at the corners.