Elk - 3/15/18

EdBacon

7 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

$47 from 1230 to 430, kids free with PA Ski passport.

Oh, so they weren't actually contributing to their tickets, they were contributing to yours??

And I was like reading yesterday's exchange and wondering all the time, where did the $10 come from if they allegedly could ski the rest of the year for free.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Awesome day of skiing. Plenty of tree lines to be had, and we were not the only ones skiing them.

Nice pic!.  We skied a bunch of trees today at Blue and they were magnificent as well.  Lots of perder.  it looked like this....

image.png.fbc81ff3a9470300d266d4285282480a.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Throw in gas, tolls, food , ski pins I easily spent $100. They contributed $10 each and each took home a $5 ski pin and got an awesome day of skiing. They feel good about how they spent their money. Awesome day 

Tell us your kidding. You actually made each kid give you 10 bucks, but you didn't have to pay for their tickets?!  

• Like 1

I have spent thousands of dollars taking my kids skiing. They want to go somewhere that was going to cost us money to ski and be an extra two hours of driving, instead of somewhere we all can ski free, I think it is good parenting for them to be exposed to a little of the cost rather than thinking everything comes free. What they spent was their allowance from this week and next,  and I bought them each a ski pin that was the cost of half of their contribution.

You know how many lift tix my parents bought me my whole life? 2 or 3.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

4 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I have spent thousands of dollars taking my kids skiing. They want to go somewhere that was going to cost us money to ski and be an extra two hours of driving, instead of somewhere we all can ski free, I think it is good parenting for them to be exposed to a little of the cost rather than thinking everything comes free. What they spent was their allowance from this week and next,  and I bought them each a ski pin that was the cost of half of their contribution.

You know how many lift tix my parents bought me my whole life? 2 or 3.

Did you ski when you were 10?

No they are way luckier than I was starting at 12 or 13. Paid for lots at 10 that they don't pay for. I was an independent guy riding my bike and taking trains to malls, bowling alleys, arcades and movies while they largely get chauffered and treated.  That's not acceptable today, but I try to give them as many opportunities to make spending decisions as I can, and I feel good about this one. They are now paying for their own movies too unless it's something I really want to see.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Throw in gas, tolls, food , ski pins I easily spent $100. They contributed $10 each and each took home a $5 ski pin and got an awesome day of skiing. They feel good about how they spent their money. Awesome day 
Ski2live did you ever consider how posting up an itemized report for every facet of every damn thing you do sorta sets you up for some of this ridicule? This is a ski forum not a form 1040A. Take your kids out and post up what a memorable and awesome it was. The dollars and cents spent (and by whom) report is your business but when you put it out there you have to expect people are going to react. But whatever. you do your thing though. It's definitely entertaining.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:
14 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Ski2live did you ever consider how posting up an itemized report for every facet of every damn thing you do sorta sets you up for some of this ridicule? This is a ski forum not a form 1040A. Take your kids out and post up what a memorable and awesome it was. The dollars and cents spent (and by whom) report is your business but when you put it out there you have to expect people are going to react. But whatever. you do your thing though. It's definitely entertaining.

Fortunately being ridiculed in an online forum really doesn't bother me and I am glad to he fodder for conversation, though I would rather folks keep it civil.  We do our family thing and have a grand time doing it.

• Like 1