Hey Salty..

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How was Montage yesterday??

It was aight. Skied every open trail except White Lightning. There was a ridiculous amount of ice at the top of Smoke, so I only did that one time. Since they haven't groomed it in a while it's a pretty nice moeghoul run after the ice part. At noon met up with a friend from highschool and made 3 runs with him, then had an alcoholic cider for $6.50 + $1.00 tip. When he snowboards he does 3 runs and then drinks for a half hour, then repeats. So I ended up only doing 12 runs at Montage in 5 hours but it was cool. Got to witness some epic pond skimming for the 3rd year in a row - I've gone to every Montage Mountainfest since I started skiing.

Edited by saltyant

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It was aight. Skied every open trail except White Lightning. There was a ridiculous amount of ice at the top of Smoke, so I only did that one time. Since they haven't groomed it in a while it's a pretty nice moeghoul run after the ice part. At noon met up with a friend from highschool and made 3 runs with him, then had an alcoholic cider for $6.50 + $1.00 tip. When he snowboards he does 3 runs and then drinks for a half hour, then repeats. So I ended up only doing 12 runs at Montage in 5 hours but it was cool. Got to witness some epic pond skimming for the 3rd year in a row - I've gone to every Montage Mountainfest since I started skiing.

Is everything open there? How was coverage? 

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Is everything open there? How was coverage? 

Everything was open except Upper Runaway, and Upper and Lower Fasttrack. Coverage was excellent, I don't think I saw a single bare spot. Montage seems to have really improved over last year.

I'm definitely no Wyoming Valley PA expert but the only mountainy feel type area semi close that I can think of is Bear Creek Township outside Wilkes-Barre and that's probably about 20 minutes away. Not sure what the rental scene there is like though (Bear Creek Village?) . Definitely no restaurants close like Lake Harmony but an easy ride into WB.

12 hours ago, poconoceancity said:

It’s a great hill, have a tough decision to make for next season. There’s literally nowhere to stay that meets our standards. Driving 40 minutes works for some but not all of us.

I'm a Wyoming Valley expert! What are your standards? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2018 at 3:27 PM, saltyant said:

Everything was open except Upper Runaway, and Upper and Lower Fasttrack. Coverage was excellent, I don't think I saw a single bare spot. Montage seems to have really improved over last year.

You went to camelback after montage Saturday??  Where’s the report?

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Mebbe. I heard a rumour that the snow there is dank. I wonder how it compares to Camelback??

Will be better at Blue. Just the kind of snow you like. Packed Perd. Leave your facemask at home it’s spring. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1