Hey Salty..

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Backyard season! Salty, do you have a backyard?

I don't mulch, trim or plant. Just rake up all the leaves once a year. I planted jalapeno peppers 2 summers ago but decided that takes too much effort. I think I got 3 peppers out of it.

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't mulch, trim or plant. Just rake up all the leaves once a year. I planted jalapeno peppers 2 summers ago but decided that takes too much effort. I think I got 3 peppers out of it.

I used to mow back in the day. My parents house and at the tombstone company. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

So what are you gonna do all summer besides spinning wheels?

I mean, look at GSS. He'll likely be heading toward great depression among tombstones real soon because he appears to be all in with skiing. And imagine you catching a nail or making an 8 out of your front wheel. What's your backup plan?

Hiking, kayaking, fishing, diving (you do have a quarry nearby), camping? Don't come to NJ beaches though. After you looked down on MC this season, NJ isn't liking you so much.

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

I mean, look at GSS. He'll likely be heading toward great depression among tombstones real soon because he appears to be all in with skiing. And imagine you catching a nail or making an 8 out of your front wheel. What's your backup plan?

Hiking, kayaking, fishing, diving (you do have a quarry nearby), camping? Don't come to NJ beaches though. After you looked down on MC this season, NJ isn't liking you so much.

Skiing is only one of the many fun things I do. Most people don’t do much in the winter and we are always out there getting after it.  I’ve actually spent a couple days the last few summers in Rehobath beach DE with family.  I can’t complain about drinking 90 minute IPAs and eating lobster and ice cream. 

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Skiing is only one of the many fun things I do. Most people don’t do much in the winter and we are always out there getting after it.  I’ve actually spent a couple days the last few summers in Rehobath beach DE with family.  I can’t complain about drinking 90 minute IPAs and eating lobster and ice cream. 

And speaking of IPA, did you try brewing it yourself?

47 minutes ago, eaf said:

Mostly bike but I also hike, golf and camp every now and then. What do you mean by making an 8 out of my front wheel? Wheels aren't that expensive. I get flats all the time and they're easy to fix so nails don't bother me. I'm more worried about injuring my knee again and being out of commish like I was last October. Fortunately I was able to rehabilitate quickly. Damn IT band syndrome.

I'm not really a fan of any water related activities - fishing, beaches, or diving. Keep meaning to try kayaking, maybe this year.

I never hate on MC... What do you mean??? I think I was the only other person on here that supported your MC posts.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, eaf said:

And speaking of IPA, did you try brewing it yourself?

No I’d rather just buy it at the store. I worked in a brewery but in production..we would stack boxes of cases of beer for shipping.  I had production experience from when I worked for Toms of Maine on the deodorant assembly line. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No I’d rather just buy it at the store. I worked in a brewery but in production..we would stack boxes of cases of beer for shipping.  I had production experience from when I worked for Toms of Maine on the deodorant assembly line. 

Brewing your own is fun... Can max out alcohol content and use craziest combination of hops. The only problem - batches are pretty big.

• 7 months later...

Montage just announced their opening day 38 minutes ago.

"We're brushing off the chairs, Opening Day is Black Friday, November 23rd, 2018! More details to come!

e're brushing off the chairs, Opening Day is Black Friday, November 23rd, 2018! More details to come!"

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1