Possible pow day Wednesday roll call..

12 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Not digging the roads tomorrow coming out of Bucks Co. Might just wait for Thursday morning. 

PennDott will do their thing tomorrow. Drive up won’t be bad. Then drive back could be rowdy. Knock on granite I’ve never not been able to make it to blue in a snowstorm.  

The fact that I'm writing this from a desk instead of my car on the way up is pretty annoying to me right now. Roads were slightly covered on the way in this morning, no traffic at all on my commute to work. 

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Timing of the storm is crappy, since the majority of the snow is supposed to fall in afternoon, which would make drive home challenging.
They're saying that it's gonna be tough for plows to keep up this afternoon due to the predicted snowfall rate.

That's part of the reason why I passed on this one.  I successfully was able to ride the last 3 storms and I don't want to see my luck run out so late in the season.  With Jersey looking at more snow than PA again, I took a safety for today, and tomorrow off.  Part of the reason is I also didn't want to reschedule two meetings I run again again again but that's a small part.  

Timing, luck and NJ getting more snow and not knowing how to clear roads.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Towards Newtown. 

Yeah, if this dumps mostly in the PM I'll head up tomorrow. Not worried about it getting tracked out.

Me neither.  It's gets fun when it's tracked up.  

I also didn't want to commit to spending the whole day out.  Tomorrow will be an AM session and back home for a late lunch.

• Like 1

Sitting this one out, as well. Like Root said, I have been able to ride past 3 storms. Had everything packed and ready, but roads super sketch here in Upper Bucks County. I saw one plow truck on our road since 6am, and we're on a state road. Worried more about driving home. I will be there tomorrow and 1 day this weekend. Have fun all. ❄️⛷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Timing of the storm is crappy, since the majority of the snow is supposed to fall in afternoon, which would make drive home challenging.
They're saying that it's gonna be tough for plows to keep up this afternoon due to the predicted snowfall rate.

These are all things that went through my mind as well.  70 miles home today would be tough.  i thought there were more people on the roads this morning than there should have been.  Thats what happens when you wake up and not much precip is falling.  Excuses, excuses.  still wish i was there.  

Oh, and of course my meeting never happened.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

These are all things that went through my mind as well.  70 miles home today would be tough.  i thought there were more people on the roads this morning than there should have been.  Thats what happens when you wake up and not much precip is falling.  Excuses, excuses.  still wish i was there. 

Right.  Getting there wouldn't have been a problem.  Getting back home, well that was gonna be a different story as I don't trust PennDOT to keep Mountain Dr open and I don't feel like an extra hour detour down through Palmerton.  Not to mention how little plowing our township does during a storm.