Possible pow day Wednesday roll call..

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Ditto!  I could tell!

Except for when it came time to have to leave...

I'm always in a great mood when skiing.  I may sometimes be tired or slightly hungover at the start of the day, but after that first run, my mood dial always goes to all the way up to 11.

It's one of the things that makes skiing awesome for me, and keeps it that way.

Edit: Bluetooth in-helmet speakers rock.  Literally.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I'm always in a great mood when skiing.  I may sometimes be tired or slightly hungover at the start of the day, but after that first run, my mood dial always goes to all the way up to 11.

It's one of the things that makes skiing awesome for me, and keeps it that way.

Edit: Bluetooth in-helmet speakers rock.  Literally.

Root do you always listen to music when you ski??  

7 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Yeah, unless I forget to re-charge the bluetooth speaker system, which has only happened once this season.

I did for one season but I generally don’t listen to music unless I’m driving. I also don’t like skiing with my phone. I don’t like that extra bulk in my pocket and am nervous I’ll drop it off the lift. I’m on my phone 15 hours a day so skiing is my phone free time. 

I've tried listening to music when I ski, but my brain must shut off my hearing when I ski as I don't realize the music is on nor do I hear wind noise.
Guess I'm just in my own little nirvana, just living in the moment without any outside distractions.

I carry my phone and don't even notice it in my jacket pocket. 
I'm more fearful of eating shit in the bumps and landing on top of it than dropping it off the lift.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I've tried listening to music when I ski, but my brain must shut off my hearing when I ski as I don't realize the music is on nor do I hear wind noise.
Guess I'm just in my own little nirvana, just living in the moment without any outside distractions.

I carry my phone and don't even notice it in my jacket pocket. 
I'm more fearful of eating shit in the bumps and landing on top of it than dropping it off the lift.

Same. I enjoy being outdoors and hearing the sounds. Same with running. I don't know how people can run outdoors with music - you can't hear your footsteps, yourself breath, cars coming, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1