Kilington 3.17-3.20

mbike-ski

Headed up to Kmart for an extended St. Patty’s weekend with the family. Saturday’s conditions were awesome on the tour de K, they had gotten 3’ plus last week with close to 6’ in March. Highlights were some pow stashes in the low angle trees at Ramshead to introduce my daughters boyfriend to glade riding.

Niko and I hit some nice tree as as well and ended up at Bear bashing pow bumps on OL and Devils Fiddle. It was my first time riding Devils and was pretty tech with some nice rocks in between . Ended the day with many Fiddleheads at the Wobbly Barn.

Even sunnier on Sunday, but still cool with a high in the low 20’s to preserve the snow. We resumed the tour which working from bear across skyeship back to K-1. Smooth grippy groomers and cruising Great Eastern was welcome relief as my bones were feeling a bit beat up from the day before. Ended the day at Long Trail brewing.

Monday I left them on there own in the morning to head up to Moosalamoo forest for some XC, did a little over 5 ish miles on the Catamount trail from Widows Clearing. My original plan was to knock off another Tony Godwin trail but I realized Moosalamoo peak was a little over ambitious (especially with no set tracks) and just did an out and back. I head back to K and parked at sky ship and met the crew at the mid station Jerk shack for a zero gravity cone head ale and some goat chili before doing a few runs . Very cool to cruise back great eastern to the car. They texted me on the way back they were doing a growler fill at Killington Beer Company. We saw a sign for it on the access road the day before so we checked it out, great beers with some funny takes on K trail names, double DIPA, etc.

Yesterday was the warmest of the days with a high of high thirties which softened the bumps up just enough to jump in and out with some rubber legs. Spent some time in stash and other parks noodling around. Mrs snowbunski and I headed up to the summit lodge around 11 for a cocktail. there was a guy next to us downloading vids to his laptop and after talking to him for a bit I remembered seeing a TGR trailer at the base and put 2 and 2 together. A few minutes later a bunch of folks wander in with serious goggle tans and stoke stank so I asked them if they had change for a nickel and knew Bart, lol. It ends up they were going to all the EC Ikon resort doing shoots. Ski till i die dude (Alex?) was with them also so I told him to come back down to blue again and he was into it.

It was a great weekend, awesome snow, and beers with the family, pics to follow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

SWEET PICS!  

Long Trail!

I was there Sunday, parked at Bear Mtn. ; MAN it was cold and windy to start the day but it warmed up nice after lunch. I'm strictly a groomer-sloth, so I doubt we crossed paths. Looks like an awesome trip!

• Like 1