3/21/18...pow day..empty

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  The drive up was easy and there was less snow at blue than in the Lehigh valley when I arrived at 740am. Maybe an inch. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Johnny law, Shadows, Ryan, Matt Edge, Nastar Glenn and VTMark.  First civilian six pack and started with a few razors runs.  Perfectly groomed with an inch or so of dense fresh. Was nice and a nice cushion for the pushing. Sidewinder was nice especially the top section and nightmare to dream weaver and challenge yielded fresh as well. It was so empty the first hour that only 3-4 chairs had people on them looking up the entire six pack line. Luckily soon thereafter you couldn’t even see up to the peak as it was dumping

i got freshies on switchback and x-ing..around 10 we went to the lot for an hour or so to drink and have snacks then went back out and it was deeper and still really smooth still some fresh swaths of Purd on Razorback.  Switchback made a nice bathroom and some skies tbar line while I got titties deep on widow maker.  Went to slope side for lunch had tomato bisque and a beef quesadilla sandwich that came with fries and double jack and coke.  After lunch did 4-5 more runs including midway to lower main, a couple razors runs and sidewinder.  Was getting a little choppier and snow continued to fall hard.  I’m guessing about 4” of snow at Blue when I left a little after 2pm.  

The drive home was an adventure.  I took the turnpike which luckily was empty but getting to the turnpike plenty of joe dirt types were driving reckless in pickup trucks saw one guy spin out hard and go into a ditch. A disabled truck partially blocking the off ramp at Lehigh valley luckily got towed to the side then right where I live another truck stuck on a hill significantly more snow in the A than at Blue..I’ll see official measurements in a minute but easily 8-9” out there and very low visibility. 1-2” an hour snowfall for sure. This could end up being the whopper we all hoped for..JADIP!!!

• Like 5

Left around 3. Took a bit getting back. 

Line of cars at the bottom of blue. This is some icy road crap- people are stupid for driving sedans around. Astro did fine. 

Bethlehem got a decent amount. Had to haul into a parking spot its deep. 

Great day. Great lunch. Good little group of friends today. Jadip and all that

• Like 4

Another good Pow-Day Wednesday! 

We were talking on the lift today about how many pow days there have been this year. I looked back at my stats and have 7 days of 3" or more at Blue, not including the 8" storm that they groomed to perfection the next day. 2 days of about 2". so 9 days at Blue, and a 20" day at Belleayre. It's been a good season. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  The drive up was easy and there was less snow at blue than in the Lehigh valley when I arrived at 740am. Maybe an inch. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Johnny law, Shadows, Ryan, Matt Edge, Nastar Glenn and VTMark.  First civilian six pack and started with a few razors runs.  Perfectly groomed with an inch or so of dense fresh. Was nice and a nice cushion for the pushing. Sidewinder was nice especially the top section and nightmare to dream weaver and challenge yielded fresh as well. It was so empty the first hour that only 3-4 chairs had people on them looking up the entire six pack line. Luckily soon thereafter you couldn’t even see up to the peak as it was dumping

i got freshies on switchback and x-ing..around 10 we went to the lot for an hour or so to drink and have snacks then went back out and it was deeper and still really smooth still some fresh swaths of Purd on Razorback.  Switchback made a nice bathroom and some skies tbar line while I got titties deep on widow maker.  Went to slope side for lunch had tomato bisque and a beef quesadilla sandwich that came with fries and double jack and coke.  After lunch did 4-5 more runs including midway to lower main, a couple razors runs and sidewinder.  Was getting a little choppier and snow continued to fall hard.  I’m guessing about 4” of snow at Blue when I left a little after 2pm.  

The drive home was an adventure.  I took the turnpike which luckily was empty but getting to the turnpike plenty of joe dirt types were driving reckless in pickup trucks saw one guy spin out hard and go into a ditch. A disabled truck partially blocking the off ramp at Lehigh valley luckily got towed to the side then right where I live another truck stuck on a hill significantly more snow in the A than at Blue..I’ll see official measurements in a minute but easily 8-9” out there and very low visibility. 1-2” an hour snowfall for sure. This could end up being the whopper we all hoped for..JADIP!!!

Well, if your ride home was an adventure, mine would have been a double adventure. Why did you take turnpike home? Was up And over the hill impassable?

16 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was awesome, everything was super perfect....then I got stuck on 78 for three and a half hours when some tractor trailers took a group shit but just one of those early runs was worth it.

Exactly what happened to me after the last storm only I took 80

46 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was awesome, everything was super perfect....then I got stuck on 78 for three and a half hours when some tractor trailers took a group shit but just one of those early runs was worth it.

Roads definitely got worse later 78 always seems a clusterf@ck. 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Well, if your ride home was an adventure, mine would have been a double adventure. Why did you take turnpike home? Was up And over the hill impassable?

Well I didn’t see a car come down from the other side for at least ten minutes followed by a series of tow trucks and I heard things were blocked in both directions. On a day like this the turnpike can be the pro move..less rowdy driving. The worst driving on the way home was getting off the turnpike at Lehigh valley exit to 22 to 309 to Tilghman street to where I live..people stuck everywhere.  I have a Subaru I’ll never be stuck it’s the others that shouldn’t have been on the road or too dedicated to their jobs to take off. 

Well I didn’t see a car come down from the other side for at least ten minutes followed by a series of tow trucks and I heard things were blocked in both directions. On a day like this the turnpike can be the pro move..less rowdy driving. The worst driving on the way home was getting off the turnpike at Lehigh valley exit to 22 to 309 to Tilghman street to where I live..people stuck everywhere.  I have a Subaru I’ll never be stuck it’s the others that shouldn’t have been on the road or too dedicated to their jobs to take off. 

The car that was stuck on the mountain road was a Subaru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The car that was stuck on the mountain road was a Subaru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanker...I just went outside and cleared off my car. Looks like 4-5” fell between when I got home from skiing and now..maybe more with compaction. I’m going with 14” total boys and girls and well over an inch liquid precip..it needs to set up a bit with temperatures around 33 degrees now or it’s gonna vaporize in tomorrow’s sun

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only problem with the turnpike is if you are on it and it gets fucked up, you are stuck there.  Cant turn around, cant just jump off to take some back roads.  They normally do a pretty good job on the roads though.  

13 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I went up over the hill, Macarthur then 22 to 78 to 61 to 422. 222 the primary alternate is two lanes so during a storm it's better to stick to the highways.

Apparently a tractor trailer jack knifed under an over pass and all the other tractor trailers behind it did the same or put it into the snow bank. At least I got to pee in the left hand lane of 78, hopefully its a one time event.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2