Mt Snow 2.22 and 2.23

antman12

I’ve had this quick 2 day riding trip planned for about 5 weeks and of course, the last time I ride before leaving (Sunday) I tweak my knee. Thought about not coming but decided to go ahead and continue anyways.

330 wake up call. Pulled outta my parking spot at 430 on the dot after 10 mins of cleaning my car off. The Roads weren’t  too bad, the worst being for the first 30 minutes of my drive. stopped at wawa for cash and coffee and let it rip for another 2 hours. Stopped right outside of Vermont for a bathroom break and Dunkin. Back on the road for the final 45 minutes and pulled into the main lot at 903. 4.5 hours with 2 stops. Notbad.gif

By far the best conditions I’ve ever ridden. Perfect winter snow all morning and softened up after lunch. Sun most of the day and moderate temps. Beautiful perfect day. 

Got my ticket and ready by about 930. A lil 420, a donut and I was on the lift by 945. I rode their 6 pack bubble for about the first 3 runs, just getting my feel for the place. I then took a run down the north face of the mtn then over to Carinthia for about 5 park laps. They only had a couple park runs set up to my surprise, but very long runs with a lot of features. I rode the medium park nitro for the majority of the time. Went easy in the park because of my knee. Oh well. 

After that I took a few runs down the north side then hit the lodge. I really like how their lodge has multiple spread out small places to get different stuff. I went with a vanilla latte along with some snacks and a lil 420 at the car, then sat at the base for about 45 minutes just relaxing, trying not to fall asleep in their comfortable chairs. 

After “lunch” I rode the main face and the north face from 1-4 and caught one of the last bubbles up. Soooo much fun to ride as fast as you want and still have a nice long run. I had a fantastic time lapping the blues on the main face and lapping the diamonds on the north face. Around 3 I started to explore some of the trees and look forward to doing more tomorrow. 

After riding I hit about 5 shops on RT100 looking for something but came up empty handed. Went back to the hotel, checked in and writing this report in the indoor hot tub. 

After this I’m gonna shower and go grab something to eat on 100, comeback and watch the remainder of the 76ers game. Speaking of which, I saw a few people wearing eagles stuff. I had to give them quiet E A G L E S Eagles chants/gobirds. 

Hoping for a decent breakfast in the morning...

35D97E95-BA4D-4F78-B754-20A37FAA0F77.jpeg

BB98FA68-D4D7-4B5B-BAA3-18214B491000.jpeg

0733237B-EC9F-49C8-93B9-8525A06BE5E1.jpeg

52185F88-373E-4C64-A53C-A48A9968E959.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I remember you saying the deal was two days at mount snow and lodging for like $150. How much was Stratton lift ticket?

115. Pretty f*cking outrageous but what can ya do. Since ive only been to Vermont once before I figured I’d hit a different mountain while here and it was so close. 

• Like 1