3/25/18...fast snow..snowing..

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 722AM and Atomic Jeff Andy Root were already in the house. Also in attendance were JFDan, Toast, NMSki, Johnny Law, Ryan, Matt Edge, VTMark, MBike Mike, Mrs. Snowbunski, Indiggio, SaltyAnt, Eaf and many more.  

Conditions bagan as machine groomed packed powder. Razors, Switchback and Nightmare to Dreamweaver were all good..sidewinder and Challenge were a bit choppy but tolerable. From about 830AM-9:30AM it snowed heavily with a coating of accumulation and the snow slowed down a little more as there was a little more cushion for the pushing.  Not quite as many people as yesterday but still solid for this time of year. 

Fun was had had in the parking lot and soft pretzels and pierogies were enjoyed by all and I even got a pack of Captains Wafers which makes today’s lifestyle shot!!! JADIP

88D3CBDD-DB32-49D9-9BF3-95D8489B35DB.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

was just about to call you on it douglas.

took a few laps with indiggio since i can actually keep up with him. Good day. Razors held up awesome for more than a few runs. 

Salty reminds me of an agent in the matrix

Edited by Shadows
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Shadows said:

was just about to call you on it douglas.

took a few laps with indiggio since i can actually keep up with him. Good day. Razors held up awesome for more than a few runs. 

Salty reminds me of an agent in the matrix

Salty is pretty Stealth if not for the RTMs I wouldn’t even know it was him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I kind of feel like there’s got to be a more badass crew at Shawnee or Camelback. 

Camelback's tailgating is a lot of fun. Remember this pic of the Post opening day Camelback PASR tailgating party from my opening day trip report?

5ab82c470d131_NewBitmapImage(4).thumb.jpg.1a541f22973c43e23c9324e125d449b2.jpg

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback's tailgating is a lot of fun. Remember this pic of the Post opening day Camelback PASR tailgating party from my opening day trip report?

5ab82c470d131_NewBitmapImage(4).thumb.jpg.1a541f22973c43e23c9324e125d449b2.jpg

Wow their parking lot even has lines in it!!! Looks awesome!!!  I recognize that chair..nice Elon skis 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Camelback had their tailgate day yesterday. I think it was only $20 to reserve a spot. An absolute bargain. Probably still couldn't bring your own beer though, I saw they had a draft beer trailer out there. At least only 5 bucks each.

Edited because I found evidence they allowed alcohol for this one day event. Will admit when I'm wrong.

Edited by enjoralas

I'd say that today was a quick recap of the season. It started winterishly fast, hard, cold and snowy (at some point there was almost no vis due to how dense it fell), but once the sun showed up, conditions rapidly changed to soaked heavy mash, and so we kind of lived through the entire season on a fast forward.

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow their parking lot even has lines in it!!! Looks awesome!!!  I recognize that chair..nice Elon skis 

At least Camelback's parking lot isn't like literally the surface of the frickin' moon.

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Shadows said:

Indeed!  I think it was the most laps I've skied with another PASR (other than @tarponhead) ever! 

Great day skiing an entire winter weather season in one day.
Once the sun came out, the bumps turned hero. 

Hard to leave the mountain yesterday, just hanging in the parking lot trying to prolong the weekend.
Crazy Eddie the Eagle buzzing us in the lot.  Must've smelled the remains of Enjorales meat!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, saltyant said:

At least Camelback's parking lot isn't like literally the surface of the frickin' moon.

I will never understand people that define a ski resort by how the parking lot looks.  If money is to be spent at a resort, i would hope it would be on the mountain, not out in the parking lot.  

Blue is different.  Some might call it kind of fucked up, but it is our kind of fucked up.  Learn to embrace that. 

• Like 6