3/25/2018 - Still going strong. Elevator open.

EdBacon

Just got back from a great late March day at Jackson Frost. Surprised to arrive to a couple fresh inches of snow this morning. The woods are still in play although by noon it was obvious that its thinning out in places. Conditions were straight up dust on crust off the trails. Pretty hard where its been ridden and crusty otherwise. Conditions on the trails were great packed powder although started getting slow as the sun came out. The upper sections of T-bolt glade and Happyland were great. Also checked out Mad Tree to the right of Telstar. Those were fun, tighter than Solstice. 

Saw somebody drop over the edge of River Shot and decided to give Elevator a look. It's very much skiable and probably has been all week. The top was seriously bumped up. I took one run down Elevator and the combination of really steep pitch and massive bumps was hard to deal with. Something I'd like to work on. If you can ski that confidently then you are a good skier. 

Saw a guy send Risk It and stomp the landing. Made it look easy so I tried it. Conditions are not... great for dropping that. I sent the left cliff section and couldn't hold the landing together on the short jib board I brought up this time. For whatever reason I thought there wouldn't be anything else to do so I'd try the park out. I guess it was that terrain park conversation we had the other week. Anyway, the landing zone is pretty hard. My knee is still complaining about it and I blame PASR for making me do it. 

All in all a pretty darn good day for late March in PA. Will be back after the rain to wrap up the season next weekend and probably one more time in mid April when its nice an warm for BB's last day.

EbnXCwS.jpg?1

WNSWqhx.jpg

71dWqhD.jpg

• Like 5

Nice day, snowing pretty hard first thing, but cleared up around 10. 2 or 3 inches of light powder.

Pretty much only hard core people out today. East Mountain crowd pretty light and fast moving.

6e05b8c04a48ecba22a6ac60e6a33e82.jpg

Challenge glade in pretty good shape, but didn't get into the lower section.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Nice day, snowing pretty hard first thing, but cleared up around 10. 2 or 3 inches of light powder.

Pretty much only hard core people out today. East Mountain crowd pretty light and fast moving.

6e05b8c04a48ecba22a6ac60e6a33e82.jpg

Challenge glade in pretty good shape, but didn't get into the lower section.

People must have been going crazy last week and after that last storm. I saw tracks all over the place. 

Edited by EdBacon

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looks like the place to go tomorrow with Blue closed. Chance of snow tonight.

I see freezing rain on the NWS for Blakeslee. Changing over to rain tomorrow morning but should be done by noon. If you don't mind a wet day, have at it but the woods and ungroomed stuff will probably be beat by then.

I'm staying away until the weekend. I'll probably break out the Sims Blade for their last day. 

Edited by EdBacon

6 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

I see freezing rain on the NWS for Blakeslee. Changing over to rain tomorrow morning but should be done by noon. If you don't mind a wet day, have at it but the woods and ungroomed stuff will probably be beat by then.

I'm staying away until the weekend. I'll probably break out the Sims Blade for their last day. 

Do you have a season pass at Jackson frost?  You can use my buddy pass if you come to blue Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you have a season pass at Jackson frost?  You can use my buddy pass if you come to blue Saturday. 

Yup I've got a Peak Pass. Will probably get another for next year since there's a chance I'll be moving to Albany next year for work. Would be easy to switch my home mountain to Hunter and Mt Snow then. 

Dare I choose Blue this weekend?

Edited by EdBacon

4 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Yup I've got a Peak Pass. Will probably get another for next year since there's a chance I'll be moving to Albany next year for work. Would be easy to switch my home mountain to Hunter and Mt Snow then. 

Dare I choose Blue this weekend?

Depends on how much fun you want to have...