JF 3/27

Mess

Last ski trip of the year today.  Got to bring my 7 year old daughter and my 10 year old son to JF today.  Arrived at the mountain at 10:15.  Lot was pretty empty and so was the lodge.  Threw an edgy-wedgie on the my daughters skis and brought her over to Snowflake, Powder Puff and Frosty.  We did each trail about 2 times.  My son  was being pretty supportive and skiing backwards to help her out.  Our last run before the break was down Ridge Runner.  She handled the trail well.  We went in lodge for hot chocolate and cookies.  

After our break she wanted to try easy rider.  On the lift ride up she wanted to do Lehigh.  I was a little worried about the headwall but she had no problem.  We took a run down Janes Lane and then back in for a lunch break.

We finished the day doing Easy rider so my son could do Spunky's secret.  His first run through he was excited to get some air jumping back on the trail.  The next time he hit the same jump he fell and hurt his back a little.  He was pretty upset to end his year on a fall.

I am glad that the kids had a great day and hoping that my daughter will ski more next year.  She said, "I want to stay in the hotel next year(Vermont)," so that is a good sign that she like skiing.

Snow was still great and decent coverage in the glades.  Looked more like January conditions then late March. 

• Like 7