Saturday 3/31 roll call thread!!!

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I cant, got a bachelor party to go to next weekend. So tomorrow is officially my last day.

Are you actually going to ski a run or two with us this time or is the plan to duck out onto P-dizzle all day?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Are you actually going to ski a run or two with us this time or is the plan to duck out onto P-dizzle all day?

I cant keep up with you guys so I'm basically skiing solo all the time anyway. Which is fine with me since we can meet up for Yoohoos in the parking lot.

35 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I cant keep up with you guys so I'm basically skiing solo all the time anyway. Which is fine with me since we can meet up for Yoohoos in the parking lot.

Hands forward ass up that’s the way we like to tuck..Salty go ahead of us that way you can ski with us for a second or two when we whiz by you.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hands forward ass up that’s the way we like to tuck..Salty go ahead of us that way you can ski with us for a second or two when we whiz by you.  

I basically get a Doppler-Effect of everyone saying "WOOOOHOOOO" as they speed by me.  I'm not a PASR, but I'm PASR-adjacent for a few seconds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

You can't when you don't try (and go down a different trail).  Seriously, ski with people who ski better than you and watch what they do and you'll improve fast.

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not a bad plan.

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just point em..skiing is actually a lot easier when you ski fast. Let gravity do the work. 

There's some truth to this.  Keep the tips pointed down the fall line, when something gets in your way, turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you now ski 54.9mph. Maybe VTMark will be there..

Yes when the snow is firm. When it's tracked up I tense up and ski poorly because skiing in sloppy conditions accounts for nearly all of my falls. I catch an Edge or something, I don't know what happens.

I hope VtMark comes again.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I miss the old drunken Root..drunken Root needs to make a comeback next season. Ski you tomorrow. 

I miss him too sometimes.  Drunken Root was a lot fatter and way less active.

• Like 1