Saturday 3/31 roll call thread!!!

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It never bothered me..in the spring time usually the dirty snow is faster.  The pictures Eaf post from mountain creek actually looked like fun conditions.  

Who was it who first started complaining about "dirty snow" on here years ago?  I don't think they post anymore, but that was sure funny.

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why not 14 hours. 

Good question.

I'm hosting a Sunday brunch and since I'm not a gay man or a southern debutsnte I have NO idea how to host a brunch.

I should just ski for 14 hours anthen buy a quiche and some champagne, right? 

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Their pecan pies are fantastic. Just got a mini one for pi day a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good time. Thanks for the tip! you get a like for that. 

3 hours ago, SallyCat said:

At Blue now.  What did you goons do to this place???

It looks awful and it won't stop raining. Jaysus I go away for three weeks and this happens?  

It's not even fucking warm out. It looks like the mountain has mange. If I had a gun I'd put it out of its misery but dammit I quit teaching before I got my weapon.

Tomorrow will be way better.  This morning was the second time this season i took off a friday to go skiing after 2 days of rain.  Pretty much the same conditions both times, which i really thought would be better. Some soft snow, some soft snow with ice chunks mixed in, some ice patches, and some straight up water logged snow, and yeah, some bare spots.  If they groomed last night, or this morning conditions would have been significantly better, but i think they groomed tuesday(?) night after the rain.  Eaf should stay far away from Challange, that might be interesting tomorrow, and probably off limits next weekend.  So much snow on Razors and NMDW.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just point em..skiing is actually a lot easier when you ski fast. Let gravity do the work. 

I get that, for sure. The problem is I still have trouble staying forward/balanced consistently. If I try to let 'er rip on steeper trails or in any sort of challenging condition, I end up on my heels. I do NOT want to fall that way; that is the way of the ACL tear. 

But today I definitely worked on looking and going straight down more than making lots of turns. When everything clicked, it was a blast. When I got out of balance and back on my heels, it was frustrating. 

OTOH, frequent short turns may not be as efficient bombing straight down, but I am Turney McTurnFace The Queen of Unnecessary Turns and I put in longer days than most people!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I get that, for sure. The problem is I still have trouble staying forward/balanced consistently. If I try to let 'er rip on steeper trails or in any sort of challenging condition, I end up on my heels. I do NOT want to fall that way; that is the way of the ACL tear. 

But today I definitely worked on looking and going straight down more than making lots of turns. When everything clicked, it was a blast. When I got out of balance and back on my heels, it was frustrating. 

OTOH, frequent short turns may not be as efficient bombing straight down, but I am Turney McTurnFace The Queen of Unnecessary Turns and I put in longer days than most people!

Ski the way you like to ski..different slopes for different folks.  

• Like 1