Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

25 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Seriously. We got nothing but a couple bowl pics.

GSS I have to assume you got some other goodies, no? 

Didn’t I post pictures of a chocolate bar and perhaps gummies?  I bought 7 different kinds of weed a gram each, one chocolate bar and two packages of gummies. I spent a total of about $200 on weed stuff. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Didn’t I post pictures of a chocolate bar and perhaps gummies?  I bought 7 different kinds of weed a gram each, one chocolate bar and two packages of gummies. I spent a total of about $200 on weed stuff. 

I thought you were going to smuggle some oil cartridges back in your rectum.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 1:22 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Awesome skiing so far. 7 untracked runs so far at Loveland. Just my way back to chair one and people are saying today is the best pow day of the season. Not many pictures today not very good visibility.  I skied from lift one over to lift 9 and back to lift one. In some woods near the top of lift one now.  Pretty tracked out now and a lot of people still arriving.  

A28EBA53-6136-4E85-ADA4-C12741F1DF73.jpeg

2F9218F6-3584-4349-9282-855E5ECCCCD4.jpeg

9AFF7D92-D41D-49B2-BF0C-653193D5BA1C.jpeg

Looks like VT. Sweet that you got some serious spring powder days in. PASR season has been great on timing trips for the most part.

8 hours ago, indiggio said:

No Good, Bad, Ugly from CO trip?

Ok Indiggio I’ll do a Good, Bad, Ugly for you.  

Good...Four pow days..Murphy’s Irish pub 1/4 mile away with $7 double jack and cokes and corned beef nachos, trolling the beauty section at Target when I bought travel sized toiletries..yeah there are some summit county chicks who look like Jeff Spicoli from fast times at Ridgemont high and are used to being called Bro or Dude but a lot of hot ones..

Free bottled water all the time at the Silver Inn..free breakfast there which 5 out of 6 times had butter for my bagel..the dry bagel I ate with jelly only deserves in the ugly.  Pho one day after skiing which is located in a hotel restaurant in Frisco Colorado and a real locals spot..and yeah I look like a chach eating noodles with a form but chop sticks ain’t my thang. Mexican food after skiing in Frisco. Waitress aggressively tried to sell me the fried ice cream..I guess I look like the type that enjoys desserts.  

95% of the people I talked to were cool...not the wallets of Jackson hole or bro brah Teton gravity mags..just skiing enthusiasts mainly from the Midwest or Denver...Southwest airlines..direct flights at good times of the day(mid morning)..free baggage..guaranteed window seat near the front of plane and ample space overhead with early bird check in...free snacks and free 5 ounce soft drink. 

Alamo rental car..always around $350 for a mid sized SUV for a week..quick quick quick..easiest part of my trip..almost always a bus waiting at baggage.  

Staying at the Hyatt Place at the Denver airport...my favorite ski trip hotel..I love it there..enough said and almost didn’t stay there because the rate was $199 but for $139 last minute.  

Bad...hotel shampoo...realizing my hotel where I live is much nicer than a $80-$95 a night hotel in Silverthorne..and the 49er is Jackson hole owns both the Silver Inn and where I live in the A. 

Having to be on the slopes mad early for good parking and pow day lineups..wah but usually on spring ski trips I can sleep in a little and still get the fresh cord...powder panic 4 days in a row is actually a little stressful and tiring. Especially at copper mountain where I had to wait 20 minutes in line for a lift ticket as more and more people got in line.  

Forgetting my gloves and trying to find new gloves.  Place in Silverthorne only has size XS and mittons..christy sports at copper only had $150 gloves and were too warm..wah..finally found spring gloves in the center village which meant my first run of my trip was gloveless...and it was chilly. Some serious first world problems. 

No safety bars at Loveland...not a fan and I had middle seat a few times on the Perder day..I don’t know how people can get used to riding slippery chairlifts no bars. Yeah it’s a moving couch and I’ve fallen off couches before.  The lifts with safety bars the locals are all surprised when I say coming down..shit I wanna rest my feet up as well.  

Ugly:

Vacation constipation..almost shitting myself on ten minute drive back from Mexican restaurant..my body odor when at weed dispensary after wearing same upper body under armor three days in a row that actually overpowered the weed smell..feet were stinky as well. Buying two personal sized pizzas, cheese garlic bread and Greek salad when I had the crazy munchies..dropped almost $40 on that meal and passed out covered in Feta cheese and woke up at 2am.  I couldn’t decide between meat lovers and margarita pizza don’t judge.  

Ugly: next credit card bill...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, GSSucks said:

Sucks you dont have free breakfast at your place, would be a great addition to the diet or food threads. Hows the diet going, off to a strong start? 

About 20 of us heard you proclaim you would be smaller than Root by next ski season...... 

On 4/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m only at like 800 calories so far today. 100% smaller than Root next season. 

I'm not going to make this easy for you.  Once I get back from Prague, I'm going to be biking a whole lot.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:20 PM, toast21602 said:

Should have brought out a scale at the PASR party. I guess we need Speedo analytics at the start of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down for this.