Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Barb said:

Intermittent fasting is the shit!  I lost 10lbs in 5 weeks when nothing else worked. Not gonna lie, it was challenging and I was hungry but well worth it. You should try it Doug. 

I could probably do that on the weekends but during the workday is when I wanna eat the most.  I’ve been at the bar a lot since my Colorado trip and I’ve still lost a little weight. I’m gonna try and limit myself to going out on Wednesday and Saturday nights(I don’t drink at home) and only have hearty fattening dinners those two nights and eat healthy the other five days a week.  I have to start exercising as well. 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I could probably do that on the weekends but during the workday is when I wanna eat the most.  I’ve been at the bar a lot since my Colorado trip and I’ve still lost a little weight. I’m gonna try and limit myself to going out on Wednesday and Saturday nights(I don’t drink at home) and only have hearty fattening dinners those two nights and eat healthy the other five days a week.  I have to start exercising as well. 

Can you walk from your hotel? You could walk during your lunch at work.

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Can you walk from your hotel? You could walk during your lunch at work.

Not good walking around where I live but I can drive to a park and walk.  I don’t really take a lunch at work.  Could walk the neighborhood around my work after work.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, Barb said:

Intermittent fasting is the shit!  I lost 10lbs in 5 weeks when nothing else worked. Not gonna lie, it was challenging and I was hungry but well worth it. You should try it Doug. 

If I fasted at work, I would probably want to kill someone.  Might be ok at home. 

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sorry to point out the obviously but you have to start exercising. Its great that your trying to get your diet in order but that will only take you so far.

Do you drink a lot of water? Try drinking only water (and coffee I suppose) at work. Its an easy way to reduce your caloric intake and simultaneously "tricking" your stomach into thinking your full.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Where do you weigh in?  Does the hotel have a scale or do you test out them tat Target?

I have my own scale....I also have my own towel. Root when you get back from Europe let me know what you weigh so I know how close I am to getting below your weight. That’s my first goal. 

3 hours ago, antman12 said:

Sorry to point out the obviously but you have to start exercising. Its great that your trying to get your diet in order but that will only take you so far.

Do you drink a lot of water? Try drinking only water (and coffee I suppose) at work. Its an easy way to reduce your caloric intake and simultaneously "tricking" your stomach into thinking your full.

Antman do you have a fast metabolism or just not eat that much??

I'm very active and eat fairly well. The donuts you see me eating are just "a treat" when going snowboarding.

Your going to have a hard time eating well without a kitchen/being able to prep food. Or it will just be more expensive for you.

11 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I'm very active and eat fairly well. The donuts you see me eating are just "a treat" when going snowboarding.

Your going to have a hard time eating well without a kitchen/being able to prep food. Or it will just be more expensive for you.

I have a kitchen and I don’t care about money.  I can buy salads and what not. It’s the steak and lobster I eat regularly that costs the most money. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have my own scale....I also have my own towel. Root when you get back from Europe let me know what you weigh so I know how close I am to getting below your weight. That’s my first goal. 

Bring your scale opening day. That’s when it counts my friend.