Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

6 hours ago, antman12 said:

Sorry to point out the obviously but you have to start exercising. Its great that your trying to get your diet in order but that will only take you so far.

Do you drink a lot of water? Try drinking only water (and coffee I suppose) at work. Its an easy way to reduce your caloric intake and simultaneously "tricking" your stomach into thinking your full.

Speaking from experience, you can lose 50lbs without exercising.  I didn't run, ride a bike, etc.  But from June to December 2008 I lost 51lbs counting calories.

Obviously, doing both at the same time is the best, but if you have to chose one, dieting is far more effective. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Speaking from experience, you can lose 50lbs without exercising.  I didn't run, ride a bike, etc.  But from June to December 2008 I lost 51lbs counting calories.

Obviously, doing both at the same time is the best, but if you have to chose one, dieting is far more effective. 

Well that's awesome.

LMAO at Doug liking that post....

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have a kitchen and I don’t care about money.  I can buy salads and what not. It’s the steak and lobster I eat regularly that costs the most money. 

If you worked out like 2 times a day for 15 mins each, cut out some of the alcohol, and just a little less food intake, i bet you would drop 20-25 lbs pretty quick. After that, it will get harder. 

Like antman said, thinking you will drop lots of weight eating salads and walking around the block twice on sundays, you will be dissapointed. 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I could probably do that on the weekends but during the workday is when I wanna eat the most.  I’ve been at the bar a lot since my Colorado trip and I’ve still lost a little weight. I’m gonna try and limit myself to going out on Wednesday and Saturday nights(I don’t drink at home) and only have hearty fattening dinners those two nights and eat healthy the other five days a week.  I have to start exercising as well. 

You're going to have to harden the fuck up and have a life style change if you're serious about losing weigh.  You're going to undo any weight loss you experience during those 5 days with 2 days of bad habits.

A buddy of mine has lost a ton of weight eating as few carbs as possible.  And, I don't mean he just cut out bread.  It's pretty amazing what's high in carbs that I would've thought is low carb.  He seems to be happier because he can still eat a decent amount, rather than "starving" on a calorie counting diet.  To each his own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

You're going to have to harden the fuck up and have a life style change if you're serious about losing weigh.  You're going to undo any weight loss you experience during those 5 days with 2 days of bad habits.

/thread.

9 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

A buddy of mine has lost a ton of weight eating as few carbs as possible.  And, I don't mean he just cut out bread.  It's pretty amazing what's high in carbs that I would've thought is low carb.  He seems to be happier because he can still eat a decent amount, rather than "starving" on a calorie counting diet.  To each his own.

Most wont believe this since most PASR's have really only seen my worst eating habits, like on a ski trip, and yeah, im the one that brings the chips an weekends, but cutting my carbs way back was my last step.  It has really helped me maintain where i think i should be.  I'm not the no carb nazi, but i definitely stray away from the big carb items.  Pasta, bread, and rice.  three things i love, but have managed to stay away from for the most part.  I love veggies, and have found zucchini a great vegetable to cook with.  I have found zucchini noodles are a great replacement for spaghetti.  

Doug - would it give you motivation, if, maybe we were to place some bets on whether or not you can pull this off, or would you just like us to cheer you on while you continue with your same old ways thinking this is going to work?

• Like 2

He has nothing to change, he already stated he has lost 4 pounds in ~4 weeks, at that rate he will be at a somewhat healthy weight in about 20 years. Keep up the good work pal! 

On a serious note, dont jump on some fad diet and think that alone will work. A guy I work with has been jumping from fad diet to fad diet for the last 5 years and has not lost a pound, its kind of funny. Go to the hotel gym and walk on the elliptical for 20-30 minutes a day or walk outside if its nice out, every damn day! Go for a hike on weekends, dont just start a thread about hiking, go fucking hike! Clean up your diet and cut out some drinking and you will be off to a good start. Im sure most things you eat are super high in sodium, cut out some of the shit and the sodium and you will most likely loose 5-10 lbs in water weight. 

Or dont do anything and just keep SUJOPA'ing daily and be happy . 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Good. I hope you are successful with maintaining a more healthy DougLyfeStlye 

Thanks I’m heading to get fruit and vegetables to keep at work soon.  Im used to eating a bunch of pretzels and cheese it’s at work so won’t be easy.  Thanks Toast for being positive. 

GSSucks no gym at my hotel..it’s limited services...just laundry, free coffee and vending machines(that I have to stay away from)..and I’ve barely even started my diet.  I was still in Colorado under 3 weeks ago pigging out..and since then have done a little better than normal but not great.  Now it’s a new month time to kick it into high gear. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Most wont believe this since most PASR's have really only seen my worst eating habits, like on a ski trip, and yeah, im the one that brings the chips an weekends, but cutting my carbs way back was my last step.  It has really helped me maintain where i think i should be.  I'm not the no carb nazi, but i definitely stray away from the big carb items.  Pasta, bread, and rice.  three things i love, but have managed to stay away from for the most part.  I love veggies, and have found zucchini a great vegetable to cook with.  I have found zucchini noodles are a great replacement for spaghetti.  

Doug - would it give you motivation, if, maybe we were to place some bets on whether or not you can pull this off, or would you just like us to cheer you on while you continue with your same old ways thinking this is going to work?

I just went to Weis markets and got a couple fruit salads to have at work, an avacado and made a big healthy salad from salad bar.  Got diet lemon lime soda..I need to drink something tasty with meals..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just start biking. You can always ride on the D&L trail of you don't want to ride on the road. Then you can get lots of likes from posting in the Bikes forum.

I honestly never really liked biking.  I have toyed with the idea of trying the lift served downhill mountain biking at Blue.  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just start biking. You can always ride on the D&L trail of you don't want to ride on the road. Then you can get lots of likes from posting in the Bikes forum.

That should be some serious motivation for him! He never passes on the chance for a like! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m just trying to catch up to you.  I don’t think it’s gonna happen...maybe if I went on more ski trips and post more pictures.  

Understandable. If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just went to Weis markets and got a couple fruit salads to have at work, an avacado and made a big healthy salad from salad bar.  Got diet lemon lime soda..I need to drink something tasty with meals..

Diet soda doesn’t mean it’s healthier than regular soda. “Diet” products that are “low fat” are the worst. Full of sugars. 

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Diet soda doesn’t mean it’s healthier than regular soda. “Diet” products that are “low fat” are the worst. Full of sugars. 

Diet soda is zero calories.  Would it be better if I drank a can of regular sprite that has 9 teaspoons worth of sugar?  I know what you’re saying about low fat..I remember the low fat potato chips used to cause anal leakage.