Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

I’m leaving on my fifth annual skifari Wednesday morning flying southwest Newark to Denver and renting mid sized SUV from Alamo. I don’t have any hotel books but will likely stay at the silver inn in Silverthorne and maybe another locale as well. It’s been snowing out there the last week. Snow showers are in the forecast nearly every day during my trip which generally means snow overnight and sunny during the day..should be a nice last taste of winter unless we get a late April snowstorm...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just booked a room at the Silver Inn in Silverthorne for the first three nights of my trip...they’re booked solid Saturday night because they are hosting an event. The rate is $80 per night the first two nights and $95 on Friday night.  

I love the Silver Inn. Very basic and boring, but cheap

Empty middle seat..I’ll take it!!  This flight has a lot of elderly people..the ones who have to go back into the overhead bins several times when flight attendants are trying to close them and get everybody ready for an on time departure.  

Drive to to the airport was in dense fog but fast took an hour and 15. Took me only two minutes to check in and maybe 10 minutes for security.  Doing a mental inventory I think the only thing I forgot are gloves..as I had my gloves drying from two days ago and I know I forgot to pack them and also a few random toiletries I can get at the target next door to where I’m staying.  

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Empty middle seat..I’ll take it!!  This flight has a lot of elderly people..the ones who have to go back into the overhead bins several times when flight attendants are trying to close them and get everybody ready for an on time departure.  

Drive to to the airport was in dense fog but fast took an hour and 15. Took me only two minutes to check in and maybe 10 minutes for security.  Doing a mental inventory I think the only thing I forgot are gloves..as I had my gloves drying from two days ago and I know I forgot to pack them and also a few random toiletries I can get at the target next door to where I’m staying.  

How many stops to Denver?  2-3?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antman12 said:

WTGAI and Safe travels GSS. Bring Root and I some Colorado goods!

Not sure where your going but I just looked up the weather for Boulder and it looks a bit iffy. I hope it changes for the better!

Boulder is a different climate than where I’ll be. Anyway looks like Friday-Tuesday there could be snow in the mountains. Boulder will likely be 60 and sunny. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Boulder is a different climate than where I’ll be. Anyway looks like Friday-Tuesday there could be snow in the mountains. Boulder will likely be 60 and sunny. 

Awesome! I hope you get some snow.

3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Awesome! I hope you get some snow.

It will happen. Waiting for the train now to take to baggage claim. Chippy just messaged me to stop by his place for a Dab but I wanna get to the mountains and also have a late lunch somewhere. Nice of an OG PASR to offer. 

• Like 3