Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Diet soda is zero calories.  Would it be better if I drank a can of regular sprite that has 9 teaspoons worth of sugar?  I know what you’re saying about low fat..I remember the low fat potato chips used to cause anal leakage. 

It would be better for you to drink water

23 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

It would be better for you to drink water

I do except for with meals I like something tasty like ice tea, juice or diet soda. 

For what it’s worth I doubt I’ll have another beer until the next ski season. I don’t really care about beer I just like getting buzzed after skiing.  Maybe switch to vodka soda at the bars a lot less calories than jack and cokes.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Diet soda is zero calories.  Would it be better if I drank a can of regular sprite that has 9 teaspoons worth of sugar?  I know what you’re saying about low fat..I remember the low fat potato chips used to cause anal leakage. 

You are blaming the chips for your anal leakage issues? ok. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yes, Douglas, I know. It was a Doug and Jeff relationship joke. 

LOL. The second or third time I met you guys in the lower lot I'm parked by myself early waiting for people to arrive. Doug walks up to my car, Jeff pulls in, gets out and asks Doug to go to the restroom with him... and he went! It was odd.

Image result for the f gif
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, antman12 said:

LOL. The second or third time I met you guys in the lower lot I'm parked by myself early waiting for people to arrive. Doug walks up to my car, Jeff pulls in, gets out and asks Doug to go to the restroom with him... and he went! It was odd.

Image result for the f gif

We’ll invite you next time but in all seriousness Atomic Jeff usually goes to the bathroom when he arrives early at Blue and also fills up his water bottle.  I used to like to use the men’s room on the walk out to the slopes but if I do that then there’s a good chance I miss first chair because once the PASRs start walking out to the slopes it’s like a train and you can’t stop a train when it’s rolling.  Antman do you like trains??

On 4/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Speaking from experience, you can lose 50lbs without exercising.  I didn't run, ride a bike, etc.  But from June to December 2008 I lost 51lbs counting calories.

Obviously, doing both at the same time is the best, but if you have to chose one, dieting is far more effective. 

I was the complete opposite.  watching my diet did nothing for me.  i didnt start losing any kind of weight until i got my ass on an elliptical.  Still do, twice a day.  I'm pretty much at the point where i am just maintaining my weight, which is fine.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I was the complete opposite.  watching my diet did nothing for me.  i didnt start losing any kind of weight until i got my ass on an elliptical.  Still do, twice a day.  I'm pretty much at the point where i am just maintaining my weight, which is fine.  

Before you lost the weight did you have poor eating habits?  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Before you lost the weight did you have poor eating habits?  

Not horrible, but not great either. Probably the biggest mistake i made was think not eating breakfast and lunch, then eating a huge dinner was ok. Typically im not hungry in the morning, but now i force myself to eat something for breakfast, eat a small lunch and a reasonable dinner. I have never been one to bring home chips, cookies, cake, etc, i love all that stuff so having it around isnt good. A little on the weekends, or if i go out but thats really it. I cook for myself way more than i eat out so i control whats on my plate. Fish, chicken and veggies are my go to stuff. I cut back on drinking, alot too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Well, when I mean count calories, I didn't just watch my diet, I counted every calorie.  I don't quite remember what my initial daily caloric intake goal was, but when I was down in the low 170s it was ~1600/day.  That was...tough.  Now I burn more than that on a long run.  

8 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Well, when I mean count calories, I didn't just watch my diet, I counted every calorie.  I don't quite remember what my initial daily caloric intake goal was, but when I was down in the low 170s it was ~1600/day.  That was...tough.  Now I burn more than that on a long run.  

It is fairly simple. calories in < calories out. ~3,500 calories = 1 lb. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Doug weighs 1.2 million calories. Cool

If you say dickhead stuff in my thread maybe some freaky Friday stuff will happen.  You might wake up Friday morning in my body..if I woke up in shadows body I’d do 720s and live at the Chinese buffet. I’d also do burnouts in your van.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Didnt you also drink a shit load of soda back in the day? 

1 hour ago, GSSucks said:

Didnt you also drink a shit load of soda back in the day? 

I don’t remember Atomic Jeff drinking a fuck ton of soda back in the day.  He ate like a typical teenager..Wendy’s, quesadillas, I believe he drank Sprite and not the dirty kind that the rappers call Lean.  Most notable is I used to buy 17 year old Atomic Jeff Yuengling...and I remember Guinness as well.  Two beers we don’t see much of in the lot at blue.