Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

23 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think I'm officially old considering I have no idea what any of this means. 

It’s a marijuana concentrate also called wax. I also Dab on the haters. Stopped and got two kinds of weed, chocolate bar, pipe and lighter all under $60. Prices have gone down here since my first skifari here four years ago. Now at the Cum and Go prob just get a ghetto slice of pizza..and get back on the road. I’ve already seen like 4 people who look like Johnny law. 

38BD7147-1F6E-439F-9688-59F3F6E5A4D7.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Made it here. John Denver was full of shit...

I thought the same when I flew to Denver in Aug 2016 for the first time. The Rockies look small even from the plane. Then I proceeded to do nearly the same exact thing you did today. Landed at DEN, rented a car from Alamo, stopped for lunch off I-70 in Denver, and then drove to Idaho Springs. Then I was like wow when I saw the Rockies up close. Make sure you stop at Buffalo Bill's grave. I've been there twice. Oh and Casa Bonita.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I thought the same when I flew to Denver in Aug 2016 for the first time. The Rockies look small even from the plane. Then I proceeded to do nearly the same exact thing you did today. Landed at DEN, rented a car from Alamo, stopped for lunch off I-70 in Denver, and then drove to Idaho Springs. Then I was like wow when I saw the Rockies up close. Make sure you stop at Buffalo Bill's grave. I've been there twice. Oh and Casa Bonita.

Sweetness...I just SU both before and after going to Target..had to try both kinds that I got.  Salty I know you wear contacts...does the dry Rocky Mountain air bother your eyes?  I try and only wear my contacts when I’m skiing on ski trips or maybe at a bar the rest of the time wear glasses or nothing.  I envy people who don’t need any contacts or glasses especially on a trip like this. I have prescription sunglasses, prescription glasses, non prescription sunglasses, two pairs of goggles, contact case and contact lense solution so much stuff. Makes me wanna get LASIK..I’m als envious of those who can ski in sunglasses. Would be nice on a warm sunny day..I’ve tried it before and my eyes just water way way way too much due to the speeds I ski. 

At Target bought sample sized toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, nail clippers and gum.  Has to be the hottest women of any target I’ve been to here in Silverthorne. I could have bought all those things at home but wanted an excuse to go to this Target and need new nail clippers anyway.  I hope my next post is more exciting. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is what landing at the Denver airport always reminds me of. 

E6F697B8-15CA-4D89-8F8D-83DFA175E395.jpeg

Thanks, I had no idea!!! /s

Found some movie memorabilia at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, where they filmed a bunch of scenes

.IMG_7108.JPG.b51b6c5a0239430b70af46b707e19e50.JPG

Edited by saltyant

40 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sweetness...I just SU both before and after going to Target..had to try both kinds that I got.  Salty I know you wear contacts...does the dry Rocky Mountain air bother your eyes?

At Target bought sample sized toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, nail clippers and gum.  Has to be the hottest women of any target I’ve been to here in Silverthorne. I could have bought all those things at home but wanted an excuse to go to this Target and need new nail clippers anyway.  I hope my next post is more exciting. 

No clue since I just started wearing contacts shortly after my 2017 western trip. That Target has some interesting architecture, different than any Target I've ever seen.

I just remembered how utterly disappointing that hotel's "free breakfast" is. I think they had a basket of fruit, a few bagels, and some crappy coffee. No dining room! I had to eat in the lobby like some kind of animal. Also no elevator, but I usually take the steps anyway so I didn't mind. I only stayed there for one night. How long are you there???

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No clue since I just started wearing contacts shortly after my 2017 western trip. That Target has some interesting architecture, different than any Target I've ever seen.

I just remembered how utterly disappointing that hotel's "free breakfast" is. I think they had a basket of fruit, a few bagels, and some crappy coffee. No dining room! I had to eat in the lobby like some kind of animal. Also no elevator, but I usually take the steps anyway so I didn't mind. I only stayed there for one night. How long are you there???

3 nights unless there is a cancellation for Saturday. I usually go to Einstein bagels when I stay here. I might try the breakfast place shadows recommended. When I do indulge in free hotel breakfasts I take the food back to the room. 

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The plan so far is to use one of my Copper mountain buddy passes tomorrow and ski ABasin on fridays potential pow day..forecast is for a couple inches down in Silverthorne so could be a lot deeper at the basin.  

Post live updates!! I really should try to get out there next year.

• Like 1