Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

Back from Murphy’s Irish pub. Had a double jack and coke and then they ran out of jack so I had two Moscow miles and father and son from Duluth Minnesota bought me a fireball shot. Also had corned beef nachos. Father and son were at copper today said it went from hardpack to corn to mush today. They drove 1100+ miles here with a stop in Missouri on the way to see a brother/son play lacrosse. Tomorrow they’re doing Loveland and ABasin for the hopeful Perder day Friday.

amazing it’s only 10:09PM but I’ve been up since 5am east coast. Just went outside had some high test..as the homeys call it,”gas” and now I’m feeling farty

E830035E-9611-43B8-8565-81027885C65D.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

really Nice first hour at Copper mountain.  I got buddy pass for $79..purchased some spring gloves for $35 with copper mountain logo on them.  Started off with super bee lift top to bottom groomer to center village..was packed powder and hardpack with a skiff of new snow.  There’s some USASA competitions going on in the center of the mountain. Right now in some woods mid mountain heading back to the base to the American flyer lift which is like a two mile long lift the. Doing some runs in the timberline area. 

I’ll post more pictures later I have 4G and only 1 bar.  This is where I am now. 

A254B98C-6CEB-4EB1-80DE-28F9B8D074E7.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

Go over to leadvegas. Mad good buffalo burgers

I would if it wasn’t 24 Miles in the other direction. I have my heart set on Pho Bay in Frisco for a late lunch before eating a 100mg chocolate bar. 

I looked up mad mad good buffalo burgers on googles and couldn’t find the place. 

Some snowboard racing for the culture and a mini cornice drop on top of the Sierra lift in some woods now near the top of the Timberline lift..was over you super bee then back to the left sides. Runs going for east to west have worse conditions than west to east based on the sun and the way traffic flows around here. Some serious hero snow mid mountain and deep slush at the base winterlike at the top. 

B37B0DDE-0D27-43DC-BEF0-17E2B6A136BD.jpeg

14C55C25-7987-4E87-A073-837866646C7E.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, saltyant said:

I thought the same when I flew to Denver in Aug 2016 for the first time. The Rockies look small even from the plane. Then I proceeded to do nearly the same exact thing you did today. Landed at DEN, rented a car from Alamo, stopped for lunch off I-70 in Denver, and then drove to Idaho Springs. Then I was like wow when I saw the Rockies up close. Make sure you stop at Buffalo Bill's grave. I've been there twice. Oh and Casa Bonita.

Wasn’t Casa Bonita in South Park???

E5552F55-13B4-4571-9241-AE4869731605.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wasn’t Casa Bonita in South Park???

E5552F55-13B4-4571-9241-AE4869731605.jpeg

Yes! The restaurant is just like that in real life. Cliff divers, pirate shows, jail, Black Bart's Cave, and even sopapillas. I've been there twice already. Definitely worth checking out when you're in Denver 

• Like 1

Bumps were actually on a blue run under the timberline chair maybe 700 vert of Bumps was somewhere between Hollywood and being a competent skiers I think my new gloves helped keep me forward along with bent poles. Visibility and most trails empty made things good today at copper mountain. Was a little chilly to start warmed up into the 40s..some of these lifts are 2k of vert and 10 minutes long. 

They had two outside mid mountain eateries open the one at the bottom of timberline lift was packed at 11 and pretty warm down there..the waffle hut/bar hippie place near the top of the timberline is much colder therefore was empty. A lot of people had snow stuck to bottom of boots and had trouble getting into binders. Most people I talked to were from the Midwest. All employees super nice...a lot of sales at ski shops.

• Like 1