Colorado Skifari 4/4-4/11...

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
A lot of today was cruising on stuff like this.  See how dark it got this is one of the last pictures I took today. In the morning the sun was shining bright like a diamond 
243D0BDE-2453-4E8F-BFCC-CD740C86BE10.thumb.jpeg.6673b8091a4326ee9cca364b4d032997.jpeg

Looks pretty darn good to me.

Yeah nobody on the run and it’s the middle of the day. 

I’m gonna buy a two day ticket for A basin today. I think one day is around $95 and two day is around $150..lifts open there 9am Friday’s and 830am Saturday’s. I think today is gonna he a sleeper pow day/rider of the storm with only 2” so far and tomorrow will be a junk show with a lot of snow falling in the next 24 hours...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I skied several untracked and lightly tracked runs. The key is to stick to the woods and stuff that was groomed before some people gave been getting owned by snowsnakes. Snowing hard heavy and wet. Gonna do about two more runs then stop at mid mountain for a bacon Bloody Mary and an IPA and dry off a little. 

F0A489F8-37DB-48BF-A38D-DE2292509C6B.jpeg

EE364B37-B3B1-4DFA-ADE8-F0DD9694E628.jpeg

570B320C-F7AD-4A2E-9BE2-B4A08E31682B.jpeg

9D38D292-AF4C-42A8-B1DC-4C985735D0EC.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thank you. Snowing so hard.  I’m soaked...except for my gloves they’re dry. Snowing is so wet it’s sticking to everything except cars in the parking lot.  

That's OK GSS. You can do it. Even without us nearby. Think of pizza and french fries. Control your speed. Do wiiide and slow turns. Siiiide to siiide.  Remember, don't rush it! Safety first. And take a lesson if nothing else helps.

I’ll write an actual report for today since it was so badass  

Left hotel at 820AM..a little later than I wanted to. Was wet snow falling in silverthorn Dillon and keystone..wet roads until the last mile or so below the parking lot.  Was expecting a lot of people at 840am..booted up fast at JFDan and Ryan speed all business secured my two day ticket at 849am they needed my name and my zip code. Glad I’m not a fugitive or I’d just give my alias Mark Miller.  

Was about the third row of people in line I inched my way up a bit maybe 8th chair but half the people in front of me were borders or were going straight for terrain park ended up second chair on Lenawee..a miracle skating skills on fleek..ended up first civilian down power line right along the snow fence where it always piles up. People above on the lift were yelling it’s powder. Visibility was bad top third then got better new snow was shallow enough for even some low mountain meadow skipping in areas where I knew either were groomed or not usually bump runs. Bump runs owned people made the long Lenawee ride exciting some spectacular falls.  Wasn’t the bro brah crowd more the Denver Dave and Chicago Carly many have season passes and only go a handful of days a year but they get after it.  

The weather was good or bad depending on how much you like skiing untracked snow. Snow falling was wet and sometimes ice pellets mixed in..did a run early on all the way to the base. Did a repeat of run number one again off Lenawee then rode Lenawee again and took the new rope tow over to Montezuma. It’s just a rope..I used to skate that section uphill so saves the legs and the lungs at over 12,000 feet.  

Over on on the Montezuma side visibility was bad up high but skiing along fences, rope lines and near lift towers often yields the most untracked. Not much competition over there for freshies most taking the two main herb roots. Mid angel woods all in play steeper ones have rocks and bumps low snowpack on that side of the mountain. A few areas of almost eastern ice where it filters to the lift.  Skied a second run over there around a closed area and cut back high in order to get some hard to reach smooth freshies under the lift for a couple hundred yards...was my personal X-ing coincidently next lift ride a large group probably from somewhere exotic like Iowa or Santa Ana tracked it all up. Was probably a bump run by closing.  Back to the front and I took a circuitous route to the right below the east wall to get some untracked and the woods the last couple hundred vert above the mid mountain lodge were all nice but popular as well and pee breaks easily inturupted. Skied to base again not much fresh on lower mountain got all skied up went back up the quad to mid mountain lodge. Had bacon Bloody Mary and talked to lady who works for Southwest Airlines and couple from Chicago who have season pass. None of them even left the lower mountain yet that’s why the limited runs down there were all tracked out. Had an IPA and soft pretzel drinks were cheap pretzel with cheese sauce was like $4.50.  Pretty much dried out now it was snowing even harder. Free refills kind of conditions and not many people skiing Lenawee lift so that was the play.  Had to get the new snow and blow over along snowfence that I skied first run my kind of spine..had to do that again then skied some woods..got soaked again and practically skied to my car. 

4D6FEFDA-EC0E-4BE0-AECB-9A917E941007.jpeg

088527DA-9A60-4AB5-B191-92B63EE15ABF.jpeg

9FE31CCE-3918-4031-ADAC-9B966CAA27DE.jpeg

• Like 5